autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Liquid Souveran

Post Thanks / Like
    What I would suggest to anybody using LS is to try it on the car all by itself without using a sealant beneath it. Liquid Souveran is an amazing product all by itself and really doesn't need a sealant to help it look great. And FWIW, in my opinion, Wolfgang doesn't benefit from using a wax on top of it. Waxes, to me, mute and diminish the impact of Wolfgang. I would advise against topping it, but that is just me.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the feedback ocdetails.
    i wanted to try something dif. actually i wanna try a LOT of dif things b4 settling down on any certain system. i've had feedback with souveran over wolfgang deep gloss sealant as well as souveran over klasse sg. since i had never used a wax over sealant i wanted to give it a go.
    imo, it's a very deep shine, more than my p5 has ever had. i will try new combos later to compare, but i am pretty pleased with what i just used.
    -onehawaiian | '02 Mazda Protege5

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCDetails
    What I would suggest to anybody using LS is to try it on the car all by itself without using a sealant beneath it. Liquid Souveran is an amazing product all by itself and really doesn't need a sealant to help it look great. And FWIW, in my opinion, Wolfgang doesn't benefit from using a wax on top of it. Waxes, to me, mute and diminish the impact of Wolfgang. I would advise against topping it, but that is just me.
    This was my experience when i used Souveran over WG for the 1st time it left a haze slightly dulling the surface and this is what made me retire the souveran,but i tried Souveran over UPP and i have loved it every sense.It is a beautiful combo for my dark blue metalic..

Post Thanks / Like
    LS is my favorite carnauba based "liguid" wax. Easy to apply and remove, with an outstanding shine. However, like it's paste counterpart, durability is not one of it's strong points.
    Detail_Guy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Detail_Guy
    LS is my favorite carnauba based "liguid" wax. Easy to apply and remove, with an outstanding shine. However, like it's paste counterpart, durability is not one of it's strong points.
    do you use Crystal Mist with it ?? Find it helps with durability ?? If not using, I highly suggest after each wash.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    do you use Crystal Mist with it ?? Find it helps with durability ?? If not using, I highly suggest after each wash.
    Sure, I've used a couple of booster products over LS... and yes, they do extend the durability. Of course, they would extend the durability of any product. However, I like to have an idea of the durability of each LSP on it's own merits.
    Detail_Guy

Post Thanks / Like
    When you say that it isn't very durable, what do you mean by that? What kind of durability do you see? If you are seeing more than a month then you are getting par results for any carnauba.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCDetails
    When you say that it isn't very durable, what do you mean by that? What kind of durability do you see? If you are seeing more than a month then you are getting par results for any carnauba.
    Well, again, on it own, I would say about a month tops (or 3 to 4 washes). However, I don't agree that those results are equal to "any" carnauba, or other carnauba blends. Nevertheless, LS is a nice, easy to use product, that produces a nice warm, very wet, pleasing look, and a month is pretty decent durability for a liquid wax.
    Last edited by Detail_Guy; 03-26-2006 at 07:25 PM.
    Detail_Guy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12