autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

advanced swirl remover/finishing polish...

how are these two products, i have a brand new car and ordered the udm pinnacle twins kit, these are the two polishes that came with the kit...do i need to use the swirl remover on a new or fairly new car, or can i just use the finishing polish and some sealant to make the car look great...i do have some very very minor spider web marks on the hood, and i would assume on the rest of the vehicle from my sponge washing...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: advanced swirl remover/finishing polish...

Quote Originally Posted by vinnier6 View Post
    how are these two products, i have a brand new car and ordered the udm pinnacle twins kit, these are the two polishes that came with the kit...do i need to use the swirl remover on a new or fairly new car, or can i just use the finishing polish and some sealant to make the car look great...i do have some very very minor spider web marks on the hood, and i would assume on the rest of the vehicle from my sponge washing...
    On a new car, you should be OK with the Advanced Finishing Polish with a polishing or light cutting pad. It all depends though...I've seen brand new cars that were swirl-free, and have seen brand new cars that were swirled to hell. Start light, and if the swirls don't disappear, work your way up in terms of abrasiveness. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: advanced swirl remover/finishing polish...

Quote Originally Posted by matt@autogeek.net View Post
    On a new car, you should be OK with the Advanced Finishing Polish with a polishing or light cutting pad. It all depends though...I've seen brand new cars that were swirl-free, and have seen brand new cars that were swirled to hell. Start light, and if the swirls don't disappear, work your way up in terms of abrasiveness. Good luck!
    matt, should i stay away from thoes orange wolfgang pads that came with the kit, or are they ok for a new car finish...i was thinking that i should use the white pad that comes with the udm for the finishing polish and the grey or black one that you guys sent me with a sealant...