autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hide scratches on Black SUV

What are the differences between Poorboy's Black Hole and Prima Amigo, if any ?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used BlackFire BlackIce Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax after correcting / detailing my 'black' BMW X3 and it looked great! I may be purchasing a 'white' BMW X3 for my wife and wondered what type / brand wax is recommended on 'white' paint?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kneel View Post
    What are the differences between Poorboy's Black Hole and Prima Amigo, if any ?
    I just saw this question with the revival of this thread. Hopefully Kneel will see this...four months late....

From my experience Black Hole has significantly more fillers than Amigo. Amigo I believe actually has a few mild abrasives/cleaners in the formula, so while it won't hide defects as well, it actually produces more gloss. Black Hole is also a dark color (vs. the White Diamond which does the same thing but has no coloring), which might add to the look it provides.

Black Hole really added some depth to a black car, while Amigo didn't add much depth, but did amp the shine a bit on a vehicle which wasn't polished out. For that reason I found Amigo more versitile because I could use it on any color car vs saving Black Hole for...well...a black car.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi there Desertnate! I appreciate the feedback. While i have an expert....last year was the first time I used this forum. I was actually trying to start a new message, to send out to the world, in regard to my comments above about 'white' cars. I can't remember how to start a new message, so I just piggy-backed my old message from last year (ha). When I try to start a new message it looks like I'm sending a private message and it keeps asking me for a particular recipient. Any help would be appreciated!!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GlennyB View Post
    Hi there Desertnate! I appreciate the feedback. While i have an expert....last year was the first time I used this forum. I was actually trying to start a new message, to send out to the world, in regard to my comments above about 'white' cars. I can't remember how to start a new message, so I just piggy-backed my old message from last year (ha). When I try to start a new message it looks like I'm sending a private message and it keeps asking me for a particular recipient. Any help would be appreciated!!
    It's interesting to know which remedy you ended up choosing?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12