autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Old Crystal Mist changing colors, or mistaken product delivery?

I recently opened an old gallon of Crystal Mist (purchased one late 2017 or early 2018) and immediately noticed it was purple in color. I always remember it being a sapphire blue, so I double checked the current bottles I had on hand and blue was confirmed.
    I immediately worried that possibly another product was poured and shipped by accident, specifically Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant (DGSS) which I recently tested and remembered is purple. Turns out it is purplish but not as bright purple as the Crystal Mist gallon.

The smells of DGSS and Crystal Mist are somewhat similar, but I do think the gallon smells closer to the Crystal Mist bottle (sun tan lotion / pina colada). The gallon is much older and the smell is not exactly the same potency as the bottle though. The DGSS smells beachy but more of a fruity smell mixed in. My nose may be playing tricks on me.

Crystal Mist gallon:
    Old Crystal Mist changing colors, or mistaken product delivery?-img_0586-jpgOld Crystal Mist changing colors, or mistaken product delivery?-img_0593-jpg

Crystal Mist bottle:
    Old Crystal Mist changing colors, or mistaken product delivery?-img_0589-jpgOld Crystal Mist changing colors, or mistaken product delivery?-img_0592-jpg

DGSS
    Old Crystal Mist changing colors, or mistaken product delivery?-img_0594-jpg

All:
    Old Crystal Mist changing colors, or mistaken product delivery?-img_0590-jpg

I don’t care about colors, I just want to feel confident that my Crystal Mist gallon is really Crystal Mist.

Anyways, does anyone here have Crystal Mist the is purple rather than sapphire blue? Has anyone seen it change colors?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Old Crystal Mist changing colors, or mistaken product delivery?

Yes, same thing happened to me, product was stored in a climate controlled area. Since I went to coatings I've since gave what was left to my brother and it worked just as it did when it was new.

3. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No worries! It's just the blue dye that's used in the formula. Iv'e seen the blue dye change to a purplish color over time. No issues with the performance of the product though. It's perfectly fine to use on your car. Just give a good shake for a few minutes if it's been sitting for a while.

5. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Vobro and Bobby V. You made my Monday better.