autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The GLASSY look - Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating - 2014 Maserati

Thanks Guz,

You also answered my next question. It would have been about the other specific coatings. The surface becomes more cost effective.

For a daily driver that is outside 24x7 will the surface coating last a year if maintained well?

I am leaning to either the PBL sealant or the surface coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The GLASSY look - Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating - 2014 Maserati

Quote Originally Posted by RobThom View Post
    Thanks Guz,

You also answered my next question. It would have been about the other specific coatings. The surface becomes more cost effective.

For a daily driver that is outside 24x7 will the surface coating last a year if maintained well?

I am leaning to either the PBL sealant or the surface coating.
    It is possible. There are many factors to consider with one being the environment the vehicle is exposed to.

3. Thanks RobThom thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

PBL Diamond Paint Coating - Experience on white car
    I thought it was time to try out more of the Pinnacle Black Label products and I took Mike Phillips up on one of his many favorite products. Our Pearl White Lexus had not had any long term protection since it's time in the body shop this summer. So it was the perfect time to coat it for the winter and a road trip to the Texas panhandle.

Prep'd with ONR wash and then clayed with synthetic GG mitt (and GG Speed Shine)
    Surface polish with Carpro Essence and minor correction on spots with GG Boss Correction cream.
    Using the BlackFire Paint prep cleaned up entire surfaces
    Applied the PBL Diamond Paint Coating and let cure overnight
    Applied the PBL Diamond Surface Coating as my second and protection the following day

Two days later drove the 500-miles through 3-storms on the route and looked at the car the next morning after the frost cleared.

The key to the product and any coating has to be the self cleaning as it sheds water. The car only showed slight road film tracking behind the wheel wells. A faint grime film was detected on the rear bumper and below the truck deck panels. Otherwise the car look amazingly clean. On the daytime trip back to home it did pick up the bugs on the front bumper but they were easily hosed off or knocked off with the bug sponge.

I am not certain that all daily drivers need a 'coating' due to the amount of prep-work involved. But the fact is 'coatings' like the PBL do work and can immensely aid in keep the car looking great.

The GLASSY look - Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating - 2014 Maserati-lexuspbl-coated-jpg

5. Thanks Diner, acuRAS82, Dan Tran thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The GLASSY look - Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating - My F150 test

I recently posted pictures of my 4-product testing I started on my F150.

The Post a Picture of Your Ride as it Sits Thread

On my driver's door I used the combination of the PBL Diamond Paint Coating and then used the PBL Surface Coating as the topper. This has been a recommendation from Mike Phillips over the past couple of years. While it is NOT the current rage of new products the results are really impressive. Very easy to apply both products but the results after 24-48 hours on the feel of that topper is really 'slick'. Since it is on the drivers door it will get touched often and thus easily detected when it starts to degrade.

The product is one that I can only recommend to buy on any sale on the AG store. It is an often overlooked option due to the high price but so worth it if you like slickness on your paint!

My combination used for the driver's door
    The GLASSY look - Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating - 2014 Maserati-img_4734-jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12