autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Black Label Diamond Coating Shampoo

I'm not getting lasting suds with Black Label Diamond Shampoo. I'm using 6 pumps per 5 gallons of water. Water is de-ionized, should I not be using de-ionized water?

I can make suds by spraying the water into the bucket as the directions state. When I pull the wash mit out of the wash bucket and apply to the car I'm not seeing soap and look like I'm applying a wash mit with water and no soap. Only soap is a little at the top of the bucket. Half way through washing the car, suds in the bucket are gone and looks like water with some minor air bubbles. Although I notice my hands are squeaky clean with no oils on my fingers.

Is this how the soap is supposed to perform? I'm used to seeing suds on the car. All I'm seeing is what looks like water.

I'm finding this a little difficult to describe.

Post Thanks / Like

Black Label Diamond Coating Shampoo

I know what you are saying. I have a 32oz with no pump spray and directions are a half ounce per 3 gallons water. I use faucet water for washes. Same results with lack of suds at that dilution. I can get suds with the hose but they die down quickly.

If I bump up to a half ounce per 2 gallon water or 1oz per 3 gallons water, the suds are a little better. I consider this a pretty non-sudsy shampoo though but it does feel lubricated and a SiO2 LSP car looks very nice afterwards so I just go with it.

I haven’t been able to get info on whether this contains SiO2 for gloss enhancing or not, my guess is no or barely. If it did though, I’ve seen most SiO2 infused soaps don’t sud very well (for whatever it’s worth)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Black Label Diamond Coating Shampoo

Si02 soaps do not lather and provides suds as we are used to. You are not doing anything wrong other than overusing the product.

Post Thanks / Like

Sio2 deritives are used in Maalox and Gasx to break up gas and belly bloating.
    By nature, it is a non bubbly product.

Post Thanks / Like

As mentioned most SiO2 formulas is of anti-suds properties. So you actually by dilute it stronger may get less suds from it. No wrong at the car soap as it's what it is with these kind of products. Just that you have the lubrication and cleaning ability from it that you are satisfied with and you are fine.

/ Tony