autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Black Label Compound/Polish

I posted something earlier in the week here on the Blackfire Clay Mitt cleaner. Amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoolfso View Post
    I posted something earlier in the week here on the Blackfire Clay Mitt cleaner. Amazing.
    I'm getting that.

Post Thanks / Like

Example of what? You do know pinnacle black label is a "premium" brand? They make no secret of it. Not everybody is looking for the cheapest brands or the best bang for your buck deals. There are a whole group of people in this world like myself that are willing to pay more money for the finest ingredients or best products available. It's nothing to feel bad about. You cant expect the rest of the world to think like you.

Just get over it. There's plenty of bargin basement type places for people like yourself to shop at. I dont see why you feel the need to criticize other people for not being cheap?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Example of what? You do know pinnacle black label is a "premium" brand? They make no secret of it. Not everybody is looking for the cheapest brands or the best bang for your buck deals. There are a whole group of people in this world like myself that are willing to pay more money for the finest ingredients or best products available. It's nothing to feel bad about. You cant expect the rest of the world to think like you.

Just get over it. There's plenty of bargin basement type places for people like yourself to shop at. I dont see why you feel the need to criticize other people for not being cheap?
    If you can explain to me, completely objectively, what makes those products mentioned better than other options at a different price point, I’d love to hear it.

The simple fact is that literally no one on this forum knows what’s in that bottle. Not a single soul except the company that manufacturers that product could tell you what -actually- makes it different than 303 rubber cleaner, or another premium compound.

Little tangent here: I appreciate 3Ds more transparent nature when talking about their products. I seldom here other companies go into as much detail as they do about the abrasives they use, granted it’s not like they tell you everything. But I appreciate what they do tell you.

If you want to pay an ultra premium for performance that, and this is an assumption of mine (albeit one that’s been true on more than one occasion), is going to be at best on par with what the industry currently has to offer: by all means. It’s your money. But don’t belittle people to justify your inability to think critically about what you’re purchasing.

Because the simple fact is that you don’t know what you’re buying. You just see a higher price tag and assume you’re getting the best. Which is very silly and very naive.

All that being said: will the products work? Yeah probably. I used the regular pinnacle advanced compound, swirl remover, and finishing polish with great success. They work wonderfully, and the only reason I sold off some of them (I kept 16oz of the compound and swirl remover) was because I simply wanted more space.

But even with those products, I’ve found griots FCC to do just as good of a job as the pinnacle compound/swirl remover. HD polish+ and PC both gave me the same results as the finishing polish.

Paying a premium for a product is warranted, but at a certain point you’re just paying for a name. Going from ultimate compound to FCC was a night and day difference (worth noting that paired with an aggressive pad I’ve seen UC do some impressive defect removal) but that came with a jump in price.

When a product cost is 30-50% more than leading competitors, it better offer a significant boost in performance as well to justify that drastic difference. I’d love to see reviews come out on these products where people can’t believe what they’re seeing. But I really just expect to see what I see everywhere else: “yep, it works!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k, PaulMys, Rmd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ll have a review up for everyone soon...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    If you can explain to me, completely objectively, what makes those products mentioned better than other options at a different price point, I’d love to hear it.

The simple fact is that literally no one on this forum knows what’s in that bottle. Not a single soul except the company that manufacturers that product could tell you what -actually- makes it different than 303 rubber cleaner, or another premium compound.

Little tangent here: I appreciate 3Ds more transparent nature when talking about their products. I seldom here other companies go into as much detail as they do about the abrasives they use, granted it’s not like they tell you everything. But I appreciate what they do tell you.

If you want to pay an ultra premium for performance that, and this is an assumption of mine (albeit one that’s been true on more than one occasion), is going to be at best on par with what the industry currently has to offer: by all means. It’s your money. But don’t belittle people to justify your inability to think critically about what you’re purchasing.

Because the simple fact is that you don’t know what you’re buying. You just see a higher price tag and assume you’re getting the best. Which is very silly and very naive.

All that being said: will the products work? Yeah probably. I used the regular pinnacle advanced compound, swirl remover, and finishing polish with great success. They work wonderfully, and the only reason I sold off some of them (I kept 16oz of the compound and swirl remover) was because I simply wanted more space.

But even with those products, I’ve found griots FCC to do just as good of a job as the pinnacle compound/swirl remover. HD polish+ and PC both gave me the same results as the finishing polish.

Paying a premium for a product is warranted, but at a certain point you’re just paying for a name. Going from ultimate compound to FCC was a night and day difference (worth noting that paired with an aggressive pad I’ve seen UC do some impressive defect removal) but that came with a jump in price.

When a product cost is 30-50% more than leading competitors, it better offer a significant boost in performance as well to justify that drastic difference. I’d love to see reviews come out on these products where people can’t believe what they’re seeing. But I really just expect to see what I see everywhere else: “yep, it works!”

Hey Finick! I'm 30%-50% better just by putting my name on itPinnacle Black Label Compound/Polish lol j/k

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, PBL products apply very sparingly as they are super concentrated. This is part of their premium products argument.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post

really..I wish had deep pocket like you.." There are a whole group of people in this world like myself that are willing to pay more money for the finest ingredients or best products available. It's nothing to feel bad about. You cant expect the rest of the world to think like you."

made my day..i see so much salt..i do shop bargain when it comes to car care products griots megs 3d all quality products and they do excellent job..I dont see any new groundbreaking tech in polishes..Quality ingredients only matter to me when it comes to food..
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Ran

10. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Pinnacle Black Label Compound/Polish

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post

Agree
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Ran

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I’ll have a review up for everyone soon...

cant wait..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast