autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Mike Phillips

Pinnacle Jeweling Wax 1936 Ford Coupe

Pinnacle Jeweling Wax 1936 Ford Coupe

My friend James, who has attended our Roadshow Class in Indiana and Chicago, recently used the Pinnacle Jeweling Wax on a swirled-out 1936 Ford Coupe Streetrod.

From Jim...

Ok Mike,

When we last talked in Chicago in passing you casually mentioned you thought I might like Pinnacle Jeweling Wax. Now You have caused a problem for me.

What in the hell am I going to do with two cabinets full of polishes, potions, and waxes of all brands that I will never use after using Jeweling Wax?

Like it??

I love it.

Been polishing hot rods since 1970. Back then we used Lemon Pledge as a quick detailer. Really! In all those years I never expected to use a product like this. This car is a 36 Ford. It has been driven 26000 miles since last painted, which was 2006. Not a pampered trailer queen. Did a quick wash with plain tap water and patted dry. No clay, although it could have used it I was in a hurry.

6” Griots Random Orbital Polisher. Buffer speed set at 3, Lake Country black finishing pads. Working area about 2’. 8 or 9 passes moderate pressure. No dry time, buffed it with terry towels from my room. Did I mention I did this in a Red Roof parking lot in Detroit first weekend in March? That’s why I was hurrying, it was cold.

Results?

Past spectacular. Absolutely NO swirls.

The pictures, which were taken several days and several washes later don’t do it justice. Remember this is thirteen year old paint.

I can’t thank you enough. Your road class made me into a top tier show car detailer. Going to do one of my other cars in a few weeks.

Very cool James!

And thank you for sharing. As far as what to do with all those other products? Give them to someone just starting out in car detailing and tell them if they see my Roadshow Class coming to their area then to get signed-up. Not only is the class fun but it will completely FLATTEN out the learning curve.

Unlike any other class - my classes are all HANDS-ON TRAINING - no sitting in chairs.

2. Likes Farmallluvr liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: Pinnacle Jeweling Wax 1936 Ford Coupe

Thanks for sending me the pictures and sharing your success James!

James attended our Indy Roadshow Class and our Chicago Roadshow Class

Here's a picture of James at the Indy Roadshow Class when we did Extreme Car Washing on Saturday Morning

Pictures & Comments - 2018 Indy Roadshow Class

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Country black (grey) finishing pads have no cut at all, right? Seemed to work for James but is that the recommended pad for this polish/wax?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post

Lake Country black (grey) finishing pads have no cut at all, right?

Seemed to work for James but is that the recommended pad for this polish/wax?

He said it worked great!

Reality is - the black Lake Country foam pad is a finishing pad and very soft - my guess is the paint was soft and/or the swirls were not deep.

What we're all supposed to be doing is called a TEST SPOT. You test the least aggressive product and pad combo and then inspect the results. If the results look good then go for it. IF the results don't meet your expectations then test a more aggressive product or pads until you dial in a process that meets your expectations for the car you're standing in front of and this is always changing.

I detailed a car with a black Lake Country Foam Finishing pad just a month or so ago - the paint was basecoat/clearcoat but it was INCREDIBLY soft. Let me think of which car it was and I'll add to this thread. Yes - can be surprising but it happens.

Here's my article on this topic and my normal practice.

Good rule of thumb when using an AIO - stick with foam polishing pads by Mike Phillips

I would normally use Speed Setting 6 on any 8mm free spinning orbital but out of all of these types of tool the Griot's has the most power. As long as you can maintain pad rotation you can work miracles.

Post Thanks / Like

I picked up the 32 bottle of jeweling wax on the 1/2 off sale and I can tell you I have never been able to achieve perfect clarity on our black Toyota before. This stuff is awesome.
    I have used Meguiar d166 and BLACKFIRE one step
    The BLACKFIRE is good real good but it looks to me it leaves a glowing effect on the top of the paint (looks great)
    But the jeweling wax for me is perfection.
    I used lake Country thin white foam pads..

Post Thanks / Like

Wanted to add that I am just a hobby guy and I will still try and achieve perfect clarity with polishes
    Thanks for all the help through the years

8. Likes SNP209 liked this post