autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

PBL Shampoo - SiO2/other gloss enhancements or none?

Hi all.

Maybe this is a question for someone under the PBMG umbrella, or maybe members know from usage. I'm wondering if PBL Shampoo (meant for coatings) has SiO2 or anything else that aids in increasing shine of the coating or SiO2 LSP, or is it ONLY leaving a clean surface (on top my LSP of course)?

I've been using it on PBL Paint Sealant, and then just noticed n the sister site's description that it leaves nothing behind. It's also stated on all PBMG descriptions as being gentle enough for a wax.

Am I using something that is adding on to the LSP or is it simply cleaning with no surfacants left behind? If the latter, what makes this different from Meg's Hyper Wash? Perhaps the latter leaves a residue which PBL Shampoo does not?

Thanks for any and all responses.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PBL Shampoo - SiO2/other gloss enhancements or none?

Anyone from PBMG who can chime in?

Post Thanks / Like

Bump.

PInnacle Black Label Diamond Coating Shampoo. Re-reading the description, it seems like a Reset type wash soap... leaves nothing behind to restore coating properties. But some other language in the description mentions nano-crystalline polymers. Do the polymer leave anything behind (like the PBL Coating Detailer does), or do they only lift dirt and then rinse free?

I have 32oz of this and just trying to figure out if it’s similar to mckees SiO2 soap (they look and pour similar), or is it just a squeaky clean surface with no added gloss/SiO2 after use?

Post Thanks / Like

I have no experience with this product, but I’ll give my opinion from reading the product description.

I reads to be a wash soap that also has dirt encapsulating polymers like a rinseless or waterless wash does.

I believe it is restoring the surface by just removing, not by adding to it.

I think that if it did have something in it like SiO2, they would tout it like they do in the Detailer description. (But, yes the “nano-crystalline polymer” marketing garble makes me wonder)

It may or may not have gloss enhancers in it. My guess is that it does.

That’s just my interpretation.

Hopefully if I’m wrong, someone will correct me and answer your questions.

P.S. Autogeek needs to find a replacement for Nick. I believe Nick liked to know “what’s”, “hows”, and “whys” and would talk to the chemist to find out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post
    I have no experience with this product, but I’ll give my opinion from reading the product description.

I reads to be a wash soap that also has dirt encapsulating polymers like a rinseless or waterless wash does.

I believe it is restoring the surface by just removing, not by adding to it.

I think that if it did have something in it like SiO2, they would tout it like they do in the Detailer description. (But, yes the “nano-crystalline polymer” marketing garble makes me wonder)

It may or may not have gloss enhancers in it. My guess is that it does.

That’s just my interpretation.

Hopefully if I’m wrong, someone will correct me and answer your questions.

P.S. Autogeek needs to find a replacement for Nick. I believe Nick liked to know “what’s”, “hows”, and “whys” and would talk to the chemist to find out.
    Awesome response, thank you! It’s always nice to hear these types of thoughts from someone else so I know it’s not just in my head.

I do concur that a clone of Nick for AG for these types of questions would be fantastic, and in the meantime I’ll appreciate the thoughtful responses from my forum friends!