autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Crystal Mist...Which is it!!

Have used Pinnacle Cystal Mist for some time now. Have been using it as a QD with Souveran Wax to maintain the look of the carnuaba.

When I purchased Crystal Mist a year ago I believed it to be a QD. No where on my gallon jug, that I purchased, does it say it is a wax. It has been pointed out to me, on another forum, that AutoGeek has it listed as a spray wax.

Is it really a spray wax? Is Crystal Mist in the same category as OCW?
    cwcad

Do What You Say....Say What You Do!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life's details

Post Thanks / Like
    cwcad,
    Crystal Mist is a Spray Wax.

From Pinnacle Web Site[QOUTE=Pinnacle]Crystal Mist Spray Wax is not a quick shine silicone spray or an instant detailer. It is a blend of ultra-refined genuine Brazilian carnauba, lubricating oils, and crystalline polymers that bring your paint back to life! The liquid formula bonds instantly to the existing wax coat to re-wet the paint, restoring the liquid look of a fresh wax coat.
    [QOUTE]
    Joe.P

Post Thanks / Like
    I received Crystal Mist a few weeks ago, have used it a couple of times on my wife's dark green Liberty and since I've decided to use it instead of OCW. Whether it's a QD or spray wax, I don't know as there are sooooo many confusing definitions and descriptions.

All I know is that the CM is (a) as easy to apply as OCW, (b) provides a slightly deeper, glossier finish on this auto than OCW, and (c) provides nice protection and beading action until I bathe and re-apply, which is every week to 2 weeks. These are the only criteria I'm looking for in maintaining my wife's Liberty, except for maybe cost, too.

IMO, a differentiator between the 2 categories would be that spray waxes should last longer (more durable) than QD's. From experience OCW spray wax lasts at least a good 3 to 4 weeks before needing reapplication. So, in all fairness to the comparisons in the paragraph above I have no idea whether I can get this much time from the CM.

Just a comment from the peanut gallery...

Post Thanks / Like
    Crystal Mist is sold as a spray wax to increase the durability of Pinnacles carnuba based products. OCW is sold as a stand-alone spray wax that is supposedly a cross design with polymers, UV Protection, and carnuba. Having used both, I highly suggest CM for looks, but I suspect the OCW would be the better choice for protection on cars receiving no other wax or sealant coverage prior to its use. Maybe Jason can chime in with exact differences??

Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek
    Crystal Mist is sold as a spray wax to increase the durability of Pinnacles carnuba based products. OCW is sold as a stand-alone spray wax that is supposedly a cross design with polymers, UV Protection, and carnuba. Having used both, I highly suggest CM for looks, but I suspect the OCW would be the better choice for protection on cars receiving no other wax or sealant coverage prior to its use. Maybe Jason can chime in with exact differences??
    Pretty much what I was going to say.

Post Thanks / Like
    would CM be good used as a QD? or should i find a spray specifically branded a quick detailer?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 98bmw323is
    would CM be good used as a QD? or should i find a spray specifically branded a quick detailer?
    I would use the CM as a maintenance to prolong your LSP. I use PBs S & W as a QD it cleans up super nice leaves a nice shine and added slickness..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Crystal Mist...Which is it!!-img_3776_edited-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    I think of CM as a QD with a Carnauba bonus, but by no meansa standalone product!

Post Thanks / Like
    Any spray on product that provides minimal protection that I probably "wouldn't" use on a dusty surface... I label it as a "final QD" or "gloss enhancing QD". Crystal Mist is one of these products. If any of these product provide measurable protection, I label them as spray waxes. (natural or synthetic)

I classify any products that I would use on a dusty surface, or to remove light contaminates as true "quick detailers". Products like Spray & Wipe, Meguiar's #34, Showtime, and a number of others fall into this category.
    Detail_Guy

Post Thanks / Like
    Optimum = true LSP / true spray wax

Pinnacle CM = QD with carnauba & not an actual LSP/ which means that the product itself is not Spray Wax but rather a QD with Carnauba to boost shine & spray wipe

I have a question. has the the formula on Crystal Mist changed or has it been the same since it came out ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast