autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

PBL Diamond Paint sealant 2nd application

Well I gave black label paint sealant a try over the past winter and I’m very satisfied with how well it performed. The beading started to diminish after the 6 month mark but still continued into 7 months. I just applied it again and it will protect my finish till the fall. I love it just as much the 2nd time around. The shine is addicting just slick beyond your wildest dreams and a crystal clear mirror like shine. Not to mention if you’re vehicle has metallic paint it really brings out the pigment like both else I’ve ever seen. It can stand up to pretty much anything. Arctic temps/road salt/bird crap/snow/rain/detergent washes you name it. If you don’t get at least 6 months out of it you did something wrong in the application process. During the past winter I used touchless auto washes since the hose at my residence was turned off to prevent pipes from freezing. Hand washing it now during the warmer months I’m sure will increase longevity. Under the right conditions this product could probably last a year as advertised but I’m happy with the longevity I experienced.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PBL Diamond Paint sealant 2nd application

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpmobile View Post
    Well I gave black label paint sealant a try over the past winter and I’m very satisfied with how well it performed. The beading started to diminish after the 6 month mark but still continued into 7 months. I just applied it again and it will protect my finish till the fall. I love it just as much the 2nd time around. The shine is addicting just slick beyond your wildest dreams and a crystal clear mirror like shine. Not to mention if you’re vehicle has metallic paint it really brings out the pigment like both else I’ve ever seen. It can stand up to pretty much anything. Arctic temps/road salt/bird crap/snow/rain/detergent washes you name it. If you don’t get at least 6 months out of it you did something wrong in the application process. During the past winter I used touchless auto washes since the hose at my residence was turned off to prevent pipes from freezing. Hand washing it now during the warmer months I’m sure will increase longevity. Under the right conditions this product could probably last a year as advertised but I’m happy with the longevity I experienced.
    What did you do to prepare the paint for the second application? Did you clay, decon, or polish the car before the second application?

Is there any way you could post up some pictures? Ive always been curious/interested in this product I just dont use sealants much

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    What did you do to prepare the paint for the second application? Did you clay, decon, or polish the car before the second application?

Is there any way you could post up some pictures? Ive always been curious/interested in this product I just dont use sealants much
    I always clay and than polish if necessary which was this time. Also cure time is important as well. A representative from autogeek told me 6-8 hours is the minimum amount of time to allow product to cure after applying and buffing off but 12 hours is ideal. Anyhow it had a nice long cure time without dew rain premature washing etc. I’ll post a pic at some point.

Post Thanks / Like

I just decon’d today, haven’t decided on whether to polish now (and if so whether it be AIO or 2 Step). You are making me want to use this Sealant now.

I used it and replied to your thread in early February to my mom’s car but haven’t seen it since. I loved it after applying. She did tell me that it is still beading the other day (3.5 month mark with little if any washes).

I’ll post pics here if I do wind up using PBL sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Remember how slick I said the paint was. Earlier today there was dried on bird crap and I sprayed it with quick
    detail spray and it come off instantly without even wiping.

Post Thanks / Like

Remember how slick I said the paint was. Earlier today there was dried on bird crap and I sprayed it with quick
    imagebb is a good site if u want to post pics from your phone u just use the bbcode they give you after uploading

7. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

PBL sealant pics, applied this morning on 1 week old HD Speed that was already weakening due to harsh dealership bath.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PBL Diamond Paint sealant 2nd application-88503aa1-2887-4c53-b8d7-ade906804835-jpg   PBL Diamond Paint sealant 2nd application-9305d74f-fb91-44bb-99ba-51ddd4a9d9c2-jpg   PBL Diamond Paint sealant 2nd application-b88f5d22-71a2-4e05-aa55-bec2b626fc67-jpg   PBL Diamond Paint sealant 2nd application-5ce943d7-acb3-4bd8-aa17-e862c0096eb4-jpg  

9. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dried bird crap, simply sprayed some quik detailer and it excuses itself off the paint without even needing to wipe... But no pics.PBL Diamond Paint sealant 2nd applicationlol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Dried bird crap, simply sprayed some quik detailer and it excuses itself off the paint without even needing to wipe... But no pics.PBL Diamond Paint sealant 2nd applicationlol.
    Well......... I'm thankful.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

12. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post