autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Final step before wax.

I'm going to be picking up a bottle of advanced swirl remover along with advanced finishing polish, I will be finishing with souveran wax, Im curious as to if it would benefit to use paintwork cleansing lotion after the advanced finishing polish before waxing?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Final step before wax.

Quote Originally Posted by nicks75 View Post
    I'm going to be picking up a bottle of advanced swirl remover along with advanced finishing polish, I will be finishing with souveran wax, Im curious as to if it would benefit to use paintwork cleansing lotion after the advanced finishing polish before waxing?
    After you compund and polish, you want to use an IPA to get all the polish oils and resusude off the paint. I recomment using CarPro Eraser

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nicks75 View Post
    Yes it will benefit from using it exactly how you have in mind. If you already have it on hand and feel like going all out then by all means go for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shoemaker23 View Post
    After you compund and polish, you want to use an IPA to get all the polish oils and resusude off the paint. I recomment using CarPro Eraser
    That’s exactly what the Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion does... Its made to work in conjunction with the other products he mentioned and serve as the final step to prep the paint for wax application.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Yes it will benefit from using it exactly how you have in mind. If you already have it on hand and feel like going all out then by all means go for it.
    Thankyou, yes I do have a bottle, I've always used it before waxing, but now my paint needs some correcting, I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be wasting time and product.

Post Thanks / Like

cleansing lotion would be ideal to use if your paint is in good shape that needs to be cleaned up with really no defects/marring to remove before waxing. otherwise, i would use the finishing polish (remove light defects) and then (IPA/Eraser wipe down if needed) go straight to your LSP...

Post Thanks / Like

If you are going to polish then you don't need to use eraser or Pinnacle paintwork cleansing lotion before using Sovereign paste wax

Waste of time

8. Likes Ronin47, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree you don’t have to the wax I really doubt will gain any longevity with using it after the polishing steps. It’s a beauty wax not a sterile surface required coating product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with fightnews on this, but I will explain ... it would be unnecessary to use the cleansing lotion after finish polishing, as polishing will accomplish the same thing.

You do not need any IPA or Eraser wipe down either after polishing (that’s only necessary if you are then going to use a ceramic coating). You can go directly from polishing to applying Souveran. It will look great. Good luck Final step before wax.
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

11. Likes custmsprty liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

An abrasive polish will do a better job then a paint cleanser(chemical cleaner).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast