autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Mike Phillips

Re: Pinnacle Jeweling Wax

Update

The old 2-door Maserati has arrived...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Do we know when Pinnacle Jeweling wax will be available?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Tested out the Pinnacle Jeweling Wax last night on a 2017 Bentley Sport. Sometime in the next few days I'm going to write an open letter to Bentley and highly recommend they change their paint system. I've worked on a lot of paint systems in my life and they have run from the extreme of so hard that you simply cannot buff them and remove defects, (yellow Ferrari story back in Oregon), and so soft that just wiping them with a clean, dry soft microfiber towel risks scratching the paint.

The Bentley paint falls into the extremely soft side of the paint hardness/paint softness spectrum.

I quite frankly don't think the average customer of Bentley could wash and dry this car without marring the hell out of the paint.

I have a Maserati coming in today and I'm going to do the exact same process to it as I did the Bentley. I hope the paint is harder. Here's a couple of pics, I'll post the full review in the next few days, have some work to for my upcoming Roadshow Detailing Classes that takes first priority.

This is AFTER washing...

This is after the Pinnacle Jeweling wax using the flash of my camera with the overhead lights turned off. That little line below the outline of the flash is not a scratch, it's a reflection of the top curve of the camera lens.

Insane gloss.... almost looks like it has a ceramic coating...

Just an old 4-door Bentley....

You guys can make up your own minds about what words mean but here's what I know from a lot of real-world, hands on experience buffing out thousands of cars over the decades... there is a difference between abrasive technology. You can't just lump all products into the same basket and say they're all the same because they are in the same category.

I guarantee you... not all cleaner/waxes or AIOs can finish out on super soft black paint like a true jeweling wax, that is a cleaner/wax that uses great abrasive technology.

Any plans for PBMG tonrelease just a simple Jeweling polish? No wax/sealant formula oncase we want to jewel paint prior to ceramic coating?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@ShineStruck View Post
    Any plans for PBMG tonrelease just a simple Jeweling polish? No wax/sealant formula oncase we want to jewel paint prior to ceramic coating?
    Pinnacle Advanced Finishing polish and Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0 would fit that bill currently.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome job on the Maserati Mike. I understand the points you are making, but at the end of the day some folks don't need to differentiate between a jeweling wax and a cleaner wax (KISS principle).

This would be a good poll actually.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RandyD View Post
    Do we know when Pinnacle Jeweling wax will be available?
    Newsletter Special

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@ShineStruck View Post
    menzerna 3800. Rupes Ultrafine , Rupes millie ultrafine which is actually water based and can be used as a coating prep.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boomdone View Post
    Pinnacle Advanced Finishing polish and Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0 would fit that bill currently.
    Not really Those are just regular finishing polishes. The wolfgang is the same as menzerna 3500 their regular finishing polish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Not really Those are just regular finishing polishes. The wolfgang is the same as menzerna 3500 their regular finishing polish
    I'd be surprised if there was a difference. Both claim to be the 'finest' polishes providing maximum clarity in their respective lineups. I would expect the abrasives in the Pinnacle Jeweling Wax to be similar unless they went out and created something brand new.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567