autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Jeweling Wax

A jeweling wax should leave a better, more refined finish then any regular AIO. The same way an ultra fine polish leaves a better finish then a regular finishing polish. It's only to be used on a car already in fantastic shape. I've used the mckees jeweling wax and it leaves an incredible flawless finish. The durability just isn't there for the winter. Might use it again in the summer

Edit: Reading the description I don't know but if a product uses the term jeweling in the title I expect it to finish down to a show car shine. Better then a production Aio. If it doesn't then I would say its a no good product. Hopefully they didn't just throw that term in there to help sell product without it actually being a more refined all in one. You never know with new owners

2. Likes VitreousHumor, Eldorado2k, DBAILEY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    On another note, I bought a bottle of BF AIO on sale. I tested it on my daughters car, three weeks later it didn't bead at all when it was raining, I had put PA White Alabaster Srpay Wax on my Rogue at the same time, it beaded big time during the same rain storm. Both were parked outside for the same amount of time. I know it's not a fair comparison between a spray wax and aio, but it should be stronger than that after 3 weeks. As for AIO's I'll stick with Speed over BF AIO, especially for the price.
    Your Rogue has a PA Viking coat under the spray wax though doesn't it?
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    I agree it's expensive I even made the same comment when I first saw it BUT if you look at polish angel they charge that kind of money for 2-3 oz of some of their liquid waxes. They charge way more then that for the paste. They got one that's over 2 grand on this site. So if you believe that it's a high quality concentration of carnauba wax then it can get expensive. $65 is apparently nothing in comparison when it comes to high quality carnauba wax.
    I have thousands of $$$ worth of all the AG and other top products, none of them make my Rogue look like this except the Polish Angel products.

I did this yesterday, no prep other than a wash, no polishing etc. Hand applied, simple wipe on wipe off, Gold Zirkon. When applied correctly you use very little product. I could easily get 10-15 applications out of the 500ml. bottle.

Pinnacle Jeweling Wax-zirkon-jpg

Pinnacle Jeweling Wax-zirkon1-jpg

Pinnacle Jeweling Wax-zirkon2-jpg
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

5. Likes BadgerRivFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    Your Rogue has a PA Viking coat under the spray wax though doesn't it?
    Not anymore, that was over two years ago.

Until yesterday I had been using Polish Angel White Alabaster every few months. Ron K gave me a bottle of Gold Zirkon to try, insane stuff, see the pics I just posted above.
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Not anymore, that was over two years ago.

Until yesterday I had been using Polish Angel White Alabaster every few months. Ron K gave me a bottle of Gold Zirkon to try, insane stuff, see the pics I just posted above.
    Is White Alabaster and Gold Zirkon not the same product? Both are identical spray on fillers/glaze, one geared toward white and the other all colours. In UK the marketing material on both is identical, copy and paste. Did you find a difference between Alabaster and Zirkon?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    Is White Alabaster and Gold Zirkon not the same product? Both are identical spray on fillers/glaze, one geared toward white and the other all colours. In UK the marketing material on both is identical, copy and paste. Did you find a difference between Alabaster and Zirkon?
    Yeah they are both carnuba spray waxas. I don't think they last 3 months. I've heard more like 3 weeks. Great products.

My point was high quality carnuba is expensive so 65 bucks is pretty reasonable if it's actually quality carnuba and not just a mark up on cheap carnuba.

Post Thanks / Like

I have thousands of $$$ worth of all the AG and other top products, none of them make my Rogue look like this except the Polish Angel products.

I did this yesterday, no prep other than a wash, no polishing etc. Hand applied, simple wipe on wipe off, Gold Zirkon. When applied correctly you use very little product. I could easily get 10-15 applications out of the 500ml. bottle.

Pinnacle Jeweling Wax-zirkon-jpg

Pinnacle Jeweling Wax-zirkon1-jpg

Pinnacle Jeweling Wax-zirkon2-jpg
    I agree I have lots of polish angel stuff. It's all quality product. Wether or not this new pinnacle product is worth 65 or not remains to be seen but I'll tell you 1 thing. How this new pinnacle product performs at this price point will tell us a lot about where this new company is headed

Post Thanks / Like

Are we still talking about the Pinnacle Jeweling Wax? If so, it's selling for $45.99. Again, it does seem high but I looked around and the Mckees jeweling wax is $39.99 for a 16 oz. bottle (although it also comes in an 8 oz. bottle). Not sure what else to compare it with. Essence is also $40 for that size bottle but most others in that broad AIO category (Speed, D166, etc.) are much much cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Yeah they are both carnuba spray waxas. I don't think they last 3 months. I've heard more like 3 weeks. Great products.

My point was high quality carnuba is expensive so 65 bucks is pretty reasonable if it's actually quality carnuba and not just a mark up on cheap carnuba.
    I applied White Alabaster 2/11/18 (pollen season) and it was still going strong when I washed my Rougue Saturday 3/25/18 which is 6 weeks. In my expereince I have easily gotten 2 + months. The ironic thing I find about durability questions on this forum is that not many of us go that long without doing something to our rides.

2019 Nissan Rogue SL

12. Likes BadgerRivFan, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I applied White Alabaster 2/11/18 (pollen season) and it was still going strong when I washed my Rougue Saturday 3/25/18 which is 6 weeks. In my expereince I have easily gotten 2 + months. The ironic thing I find about durability questions on this forum is that not many of us go that long without doing something to our rides.

Exactly, plus I'm only repeating what I read autopia or somewhere. It's not like straight from the manufacturer or anything like that.

Is the white carnuba arts product the only lsp on the car?

I might use my gold zirkon tonight

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast