autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Black Label Paint Sealant

I'm considering using black label paint sealant not coating! in the fall as defense against old man winter. I have read good reviews on autogeek store about it and the forum. But can anybody make a testament to the durability which is rated up to 1 year, since I have not read anything about durability.Also do I need to use surface cleansing polish or can I just wash/clay and apply.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Black Label Paint Sealant

I have used this product. I can't speak to the durability though. I never take my lsp's to failure. I also would at the minimum use a cleanser.
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

Post Thanks / Like

I have used it a few times and usually got about 6 months out of it in Miami. It depends on a lot of factors. I now live in Raleigh and just applied it to my new Jeep Wrangler, hopefully it will last a little longer since it wont be getting destroyed in the Florida heat.

I always polish and do an IPA wipedown before I apply it so it can bond to the paint better, but I am not sure if it is absolutely necessary.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

6 months sounds pretty good, but that's in Miami. I reside in upstate NY where my vehicle is subject to snow frigid temperatures and road salt. Not to mention that in the winter the garden hose is shut off at my residence to prevent freezing so I am washing at touch less automatics. I'm hoping it can make I through a northeastern winter. If I have to I will do another application in January or February to get through the remainder of winter.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO anything Pinnacle is a good thing. I use quite a bit of their products and have never had any issues. I would say go for it with the sealant thing. I am in the same boat as hoyt66 as I never take my LSP to the point of failure.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a reason your against using their coating? The reason I ask is because I have 3x's Pinnacle BL paint coating on my brand new wheels and the water still beads. Understand here that I clean the wheels, with a designated wheel cleaner, atleast once a week too. For a paint coating to hold up this long on a set of wheels, imagine what it can and would do on a body panel.

That said, if your not into coatings, I would like to direct you to Collinite #476 double coat, trust me/us. Apply 2x's before winter and you'll be amazed how well this product holds up, its what I used before I really got into coatings and I suggest it to just about everyone. Its old school is packaging, use and smell but it works, plain and simple, those who know know how good this product REALLY is!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

If my car was brand new I might use a coating but considering my vehicle is over 20 years old I'm not sure if I should since paint must be like new for a coating. Besides as others have said the shine of a coating does not compare to a wax/sealant. Just like hoyt66 I never wait till the protection is completely gone. I like to lay down a lsp in sept/oct then again in Jan/feb once more in April/May Than again in the fall. I always like to keep a fresh layer of protection on the paint. I would really love to find something that I can apply in the fall that will last till spring. Like I said in an earlier post I don't mind putting down another layer of protection mid winter. As far as collinite goes I have considered that as a stand alone product. Or the other thing I was going to do was lay down a polymer sealant like PBL paint sealant or WDGPS, wait 24 hours than put on a coat of collinite 476 double coat which I feel would be the ultimate defense against winter.

Post Thanks / Like

I did PBL Sealant and 476 on my dads brown Genesis and the shine was amazing along with great durability throughout the DC winter last year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app