autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Forum Favorite Kit

I'm looking for some different products & have seen the Klasse & Pinnacle Forum Favorite Kit. Is it worth the price, or are other combinations more cost effective & work better? I've used Duragloss, Meguiars & Mothers products, however, looking to see if anything else might work better.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Forum Favorite Kit

unless you plan on using every single item in a kit, i would pick/choose every product separately instead...

Mike Phillips

Hi OSUFan86,

I just read and replied to your Private Message to me. I saw this post but I just didn't get around to replying to it and others as there's only so much typing time in a day.

Here's what I sent back to you in the PM. You asked about this kit,

The Original Forum Favorite Kit

I'm not a user of Klasse products, not really a fan myself.

If the products you're already using are keeping your truck looking good then stick with them.

KISS - Keep it Simple Simon

The Klasse All-in-One is a good non-abrasive light cleaning cleaner/sealant, not a cleaner/wax as the protection ingredients are not wax but some form of synthetic ingredients thus cleaner/sealant. While this work well and if all you need is light cleaning, then it is safe and effective product for the category it's in. Normally when I want to use a cleaner/wax I'm working on something that actually needs correct work and the Klasse AIO won't do correction work.

Here's an example of a what a cleaner/wax with abrasive great abrasive technology can do...

As for the Klasse Sealant Glaze, it's just a personal preference thing for me. I used it one time and then wrote an article about it here,

A tip for working with Klasse Sealant Glaze - READ This before removing the lid off the bottle

So if you get the Klasse SG then follow the advice I share in the above article and you'll be okay for application and removal.

As for the Pinnacle products in the kit they are great. I can't count how many times I've wither seen a car waxed with Pinnacle take first place at a car show or I've detailed a car and topped it with Pinnacle Souveran and it's won a first place at a car show.

Super easy to apply and super easy to wipe off and it leaves an amazing shine with incredible depth and clarity. I would classify this as a true show car wax.

The Pinnacle Crystal Mist Carnauba Detail Spray is also a top shelf spray detailer. There are hundreds of spray detailers and some work great and some work so-so. This one works great and smells great. Out of all the products we sell, I have more local car guys that use this product and tell me they love it than any other product except the Pinnacle Souveran Carnauba Paste Wax.

Some say the wax is expensive but if you apply it correctly, that is apply a thin coat you can get a LOT of applications out of a single full size jar and that brings the cost down to a few dollars per application. The joy you experience in using the product and the results you see and get compliments is invaluable.

Hope the above helps...

Post Thanks / Like

I'd take Pinnacle products over Klasse every single day of the week, and twice on Sundays. I can't think of a single Pinnacle product that I don't like. Klasse is one of the original sealants and can be very finicky.

But before I'd recommend any particular product, I'd ask what car you're using it on, and particularly, what color.

Post Thanks / Like

I use various products from various mfgrs. but recently have started to get into the Mckees 37 line. They have some nice products including n914 and hydro blue and offer a few different "kits". I used the interior cleaner and detailer this weekend and was quite impressed. The products are easy to use and so far i have seen good results. Just ordered up the new leather shampoo and coating and can't wait for them to be in this week.