autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Will Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion Remove Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant?

I know that Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion is intended as an additional step in the washing/cleaning process prior to waxing. Will the microabrasives in the Cleansing Lotion remove previously applied Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant? Thanks!

Mike Phillips

Re: Will Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion Remove Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant?

I'd say yes.

The Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion isn't abrasive but the simply act of applying a product brings with it micro-abrasive from the applicator and the process.

Kind of like washing a car. When you wash a car you micro-abrade the surface and this is way waxes and sealants wear-off. It's actually kind of supposed to work like that as waxes and sealants are

Sacrificial Barriers

I have an article on this somewhere?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion Remove Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I'd say yes.

The Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion isn't abrasive but the simply act of applying a product brings with it micro-abrasive from the applicator and the process.

Kind of like washing a car. When you wash a car you micro-abrade the surface and this is way waxes and sealants wear-off. It's actually kind of supposed to work like that as waxes and sealants are

Sacrificial Barriers

Good info here.......

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...t-sealant.html

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say yes.

Sacrificial Barriers

Thanks, Mike! I was just wondering if I should be using Paintwork Cleansing Lotion after washing/before waxing if is not yet time to reapply DGPS, and the answer is "no". I assumed that was probably the case; just wanted to be certain.

Post Thanks / Like

You have an article on EVERYTHING!!! It amazes me how you can retrieve something you wrote years ago. Hats off to your (obvious) meticulous record keeping!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Mike Honcho

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
    You have an article on EVERYTHING!!! It amazes me how you can retrieve something you wrote years ago. Hats off to your (obvious) meticulous record keeping!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Mike would have made a great librarian.