autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle XMT carnauba finishing glaze Discontinued?? Is there a replacement

One of my "Free Samples" I got with my 1st AutoGeek order was Pinnacle XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze, now that I am in love with the stuff it seems to no longer be for sale???
    Wondering if there is a Replacement Product for it. Another Post asking the Same post suggested McKee's Jeweling Wax??? The Description doesn't read the same...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle XMT carnauba finishing glaze Discontinued?? Is there a replacement

I had the same concern and ended up getting Poor Boys' Black Hole. It comes highly recommended and should (hopefully) produce similar results. The XMT Finishing Glaze, in my experience, is an amazing product that has tons of potential for show cars just before an event. I haven't used it yet, but Lord willing Black Hole performs as well as XMT Finishing Glaze.

Post Thanks / Like

Not to detract but I have a full bottle of this product. I don't know what to use it for, is it a polish or not, is it SMAT or DAT, cleaners, abrasives? I posted a thread a while back but got not reply from any PBMG staff. Your replies will be appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emmjaygti View Post
    Not to detract but I have a full bottle of this product. I don't know what to use it for, is it a polish or not, is it SMAT or DAT, cleaners, abrasives? I posted a thread a while back but got not reply from any PBMG staff. Your replies will be appreciated
    I use it after using paintwork cleansing lotion before Souveran on my 64 Vette. It fills in the little imperfections and creates quite a gloss on my Black Paint

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kruegmeister View Post
    I use it after using paintwork cleansing lotion before Souveran on my 64 Vette. It fills in the little imperfections and creates quite a gloss on my Black Paint
    Thanks man! So its mostly a filler then? Would it not hamper a LSP from bonding? Sorry I have never used a glaze so this is new to me

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks man! So its mostly a filler then? Would it not hamper a LSP from bonding? Sorry I have never used a glaze so this is new to me
    I use it all the time with no negative impact on the LSP's I've used (e.g. Pinnacle SSII, Griot's Best of Show). General order of operation that I find works well is paint decomm (chemical and/or mechanical) compound, polish, finishing glaze and then LSP. Yes that's all all day affair but the end result is REALLY worth it. I would sure love to see this product or something similar be introduced back into the McKee's 37 line.

ScottH

Post Thanks / Like

It has Carnauba so I think they layer up pretty well if you wait a day before applying something like Souveran

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on the lsp. Works with a wax, not a coating.

Post Thanks / Like

I found this, which re-iterates the Poorboys Glaze being my possible replacement.

The Ultimate Glaze Showdown - 5Series.net - Forums

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a good comparison article.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast