autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

crystal mist detail spray vs souveran spray wax

im very happy with the detail spray i just started using it and just bought more, even considered buying the huge container but what about the spray wax, i got the four oz sample but do you need both? im wondering if i should just get the spray wax instead?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: crystal mist detail spray vs souveran spray wax

To me, both seem to be similar as far as their viscosities. I was a little surprised with my sample of the Pinnacle Spray Wax that it is a watery-thin solution. Initially thought it might've been a little bit "thicker". Guess not.

I would "assume" the Spray Wax would be a longer lasting product versus the Crystal Mist Spray.

I do like the Crystal Mist Spray myself, very nice product.

I haven't done a side by side comparison to judge either slickness, or longevity of the pair.

In either case, I'd guess that neither were truly designed to be highly durable long lasting products. I would judge both as being ideal for a show type vehicle, to be used just before such events.

Or for an everyday vehicle post wash to be used as a quick enhancement compared to other products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    To me, both seem to be similar as far as their viscosities. I was a little surprised with my sample of the Pinnacle Spray Wax that it is a watery-thin solution. Initially thought it might've been a little bit "thicker". Guess not.

I would "assume" the Spray Wax would be a longer lasting product versus the Crystal Mist Spray.

I do like the Crystal Mist Spray myself, very nice product.

I haven't done a side by side comparison to judge either slickness, or longevity of the pair.

In either case, I'd guess that neither were truly designed to be highly durable long lasting products. I would judge both as being ideal for a show type vehicle, to be used just before such events.

Or for an everyday vehicle post wash to be used as a quick enhancement compared to other products.
    ya thats how i use it on top of souveran paste right now, i guess ill compare when i get the spray wax, dont need side by side lol ill do it off memory, thanks for the reply

Post Thanks / Like

Souveran Spray wax is my favorite on my Nova right before a car show. It really makes the paint "pop" plus the smell is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I think of Crystal Mist as the original detail spray for 'nuba waxes. I think Souveran Spray is a booster to Souveran specifically and one of the best quick spray waxes for 'nuba users.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    I think of Crystal Mist as the original detail spray for 'nuba waxes. I think Souveran Spray is a booster to Souveran specifically and one of the best quick spray waxes for 'nuba users.
    I remember once also getting a very beautiful highly reflective dripping wet look, and a nice slick feel using Crystal Mist a day after applying WGDGPS 3.0.

With that said, Crystal Mist is evidently very versatile, and although a little more pricey than using some other run of the mill product, it sure does work very nice indeed.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember once also getting a very beautiful highly reflective dripping wet look, and a nice slick feel using Crystal Mist a day after applying WGDGPS 3.0.

With that said, Crystal Mist is evidently very versatile, and although a little more pricey than using some other run of the mill product, it sure does work very nice indeed.
    I recently placed an order here, and one item I bought was a small bottle of Poor Boys Black Hole Glaze, and hopefully with the order a small sample bottle of Crystal Mist. Want to send both to my buddy in florida who owns a show winning '65 Black Caddy. Maybe I'll send him a small amount of Opti-Seal that I also have coming. Bet he'd like that WOWA product for the door jambs, under hood, trunk areas.

Post Thanks / Like

i dont like WGDGPS 3.0. that much its glossy but the gloss looks to artificial in my opinion. but ya crystal mist is nice im buying the big bottle this weekend its only 65. still not sure if about the wax though they seem kinda the same