autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need help with Pinnacle black diamond surface coating

d
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post
    If you are doing the "Sealant" you should be fine.

It would probably also be fine too if you meant the "SurfaceI Coating" product that is being discussed here.

The Lake Country Coating Applicator is what is recommended on the product page for the Surface Coating.
    Is this a true coating. If it is, how durable is it, if you can remove high spots with a QD after it has dried?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    d

Is this a true coating. If it is, how durable is it, if you can remove high spots with a QD after it has dried?
    A good question i too would like to know the answer to. I don't think this stuff is going to last "years" if you can wipe off high spots with a spray of quick detailer a week or more later. (And you definitely can... I just did it myself.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joeybsyc View Post
    A good question i too would like to know the answer to. I don't think this stuff is going to last "years" if you can wipe off high spots with a spray of quick detailer a week or more later. (And you definitely can... I just did it myself.)
    Just an FYI, the BL QD is more than just a regular QD. It seems like a watered down version of the booster - so it has some active ingredients in it, which would be ingredients that are soluble in whatever solvent the QD uses as a base. I haven't used the QD - but a bottle is coming my way in the mail any day.

It seems to me PBL Coating is loaded with IPA. It just reeks of IPA. So, it could be the IPA in the QD (I'm guessing it's in there) that knocks down the high spots.

On another note, before polishing anything, I've found simply applying more of the coating on a MF towel and buffing it down levels high spots. However, this is shortly after the coating is applied. I'm not sure how long after application this technique will work. On the other hand, I would always try this method or straight IPA before re-polishing. My guess it will work for a while.

Just because the coating is able to be knocked down by the QD, doesn't mean it's not really a "coating". Certain solids are dissolvable in certain solvents. Something soluble in some IPA isn't necessary soluble in water (think rain).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Just because the coating is able to be knocked down by the QD, doesn't mean it's not really a "coating". Certain solids are dissolvable in certain solvents. Something soluble in some IPA isn't necessary soluble in water (think rain).

Well, what if I told you I used regular old water based QD with a microfiber towel a week later and it knocked the "high spots" right down?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12