autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Severe "micro" water spots + pinnacle black diamond V2 paint coating

I'm that guy using distilled water with rinseless. I get probably 3 washes from 2 gallons, so it's a no brainer for me. No water spots on the Uber Ceramic at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    I believe most would agree that completely drying the car is not classified as "way too much care"... regardless of if you have a wax, sealant, or coating on the car, if any hard water (regardless of size of the droplet) is left on the paint to dry you will have water spots.

Despite your personal struggles, paint coatings can be a great way to help your vehicle look great with minimal effort for longer periods of time. Like any new product, they do take time to learn and understand both in regards to application and care, but in general it is pretty straight forward.
    Hey Zach, I realised my mistake today. Yesterday was a hell of a tiring day and I just skimmed his post. I am not one to not accept a mistake - and I do. I guess while skimming the post I skipped the most important part - which was that he blew the water off and stopped at that....my bad!

However, the comment on care and cost ratio still stand - at least for me as a hobbyist.

I do like the idea that I have mentioned plenty of times. However, the surgical nature of applying the products still has me on edge. So does the fact that after spending a ton on a coating, I have to buy a booster or topper for the coating to "Regain its properties". This still bugs me bigtime. I did not buy such an expensive "coating" that cannot do its job properly and needs a topper. There is probably a reason for it, but the reason cannot be enough to warrant a topper product for the coating to regain its properties. I don't understand how so many people on here accept that with so many of these coatings out there. HOWEVER, if I can get a logical reason for the use of said topper, I might change my mind. It will be tough because the so called 3 year coating cannot lose its properties , because if it does, its not doing anything for the 3 year period, or is it?

This does not mean I will never venture into coatings again, you of all people know how much I want to try a certain other coating. I just want to figure stuff out, wait for cooler weather and try and get a closed garage at least - then I will definitely try it and I hope my results are better.

Post Thanks / Like

I use distilled water as well. Unfortunately for me, it's the rain that leaves the water spots on my uber coating. Being on a black truck, they are easily visible and cannot be completely removed unless I bring out the da and some fine polish. I have since given up on coatings and gone back to a sealant, WG DGPS, and have no issue removing the water spots from rain with a rinseless wash. For some reason, the water spots don't seem to etch the sealant like they do with a coating....

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Where do you live? I'm in Oregon with all this rain but never had issues with water spots from rain. Are you sure?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in rural Georgia and we get our fair share of thunderstorms during the summer. Yeah, I have had a heck of time with spots after a rain with the Uber. Yes, I can get them off so the paint looks fine from a few feet away. But hit it with a swirl finder light and the black paint will reveal the etchings left behind. I don't have this issue using the sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Can coat is nice and deep and super easy to apply.6 months protection only,but if you can look passed that it's a great product.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12