autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up 2013 Dodge Charger - Black Label Diamond Paint Coating- New Rupes Polishers - Pictures & Video

I just wanted to take a moment to pass on some details about last nights web feed from a newcomer and behind the camera.

I have to say finding to say finding the AG forum has been a great experience. I purchased the Charger on a cloudy day, it was a demo, and looked fine. After a good wash and in the Florida sun I noticed this spider web effect. I was horrified. The dealers car wash and lot guys had done a job on it.

So I started researching the issue and a solution. A few people on the Charger forums led me here. After lurking and reading I stuck my head out (carefully) only to find it was a friendly place. After I learned some new words, understood the issue, I started to reach out to find someone in my area to handle it. Out of about 20 people contacted, with a few select questions they quickly fell off the list. What I learned here saved me from causing more damage.

In the mean time I met Mike, we discussed the issue and decided on using my car for a demo. After the 160 mile drive to Stuart I pulled up at the AG complex, nice place. Met Mike, talked, he looked at the car and said "ahh this isn't bad".

We pulled the car in and people started to show up around 5pm. It was great to meet everyone, they were from a 20 year pro to guys like me that have never touched a polishing pad. Mike discussed the plan with everyone and it started.

I asked a lot of questions and I have to say everyone was happy to answer, I know I am a novice but no one had any problems with that including Mike. His instructions, patients, and knowledge of the tools, products, issues, and correction methods is great. Besides for Mike a few of the guys that work at AG stopped out and even stayed and helped all night getting hands on with the new products.

As you guys and gals saw, the finished product was great!, yes there are a few small scratches that did not come out but the car looks better then new.

After the web feed ended we finished up the car with the coating, wiped it down, touched up a few small items and then cleaned up the shop. I left around 10PM and Mike was just pulling in another car to look at. The man is a machine!

I arrived home about 12:30AM, crashed out, and this morning couldn't wait to see the finish, wouldn't you know it's cloudy and rainy .

I will post some pics on the first nice day.

So I have to say, if you ever get the chance to take part in one of these Thursday night classes... DO IT!

As for AG, well they have a customer for life. After seeing the quality, support, network, professionalism, and experience behind the company and products, there is no question about it.

Thanks to all the guys that showed up on their own time last night , to Mike, Yancy, and the AG team behind the scenes! See you at Geek Fest if not again before that.

Mike Phillips

Pictures: 2013 Dodge Charger - Black Label Diamond Paint Coating- New Rupes Polishers - Pictures & Video

2013 Dodge Charger - Black Label Diamond Paint Coating- New Rupes Polishers - Pictures & Video

First, here's the video from this live broadcast... lots of tips and techniques shared all the way through on machine polishing with Rupes polishers, detailing in general and how to prep paint for application of Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating as well as how to apply and remove the coating.

New Rupes Polishers & Black Label Diamond Paint Coating

Here's the after shots...

Here's the team shot...

Honorable mention to Robert Diterlizzi who had to leave a little early...

On Autogeek.net

Pinnacle Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish

Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating

Mike Phillips

Re: 2013 Dodge Charger - Black Label Diamond Paint Coating- New Rupes Polishers - Pictures & Video

Here's how the Charger looked when it arrived...

This car only has 6000 miles on it but the owner Chris says when it's outside in the sun the swirls in the clear coat give the paint a hazy look and it's hard to see the metallic flake under the clearcoat.

Mike Phillips

Re: 2013 Dodge Charger - Black Label Diamond Paint Coating- New Rupes Polishers - Pictures & Video

Here's the tools we're going to use.

We have two prototype Rupes polishers, one Mini 12 and one Duetto. We also have two production Rupes polishers, one Mini 12 and one Duetto for a total of 4 new "style" of Rupes polishers.

Probably more in one place than anywhere else in the USA and even outside the USA except the Rupes factory.

We also have the complete line of compounds, polishes and pads for these new polishers....

As well as the Rupes Bigfoot 15 and 21 polishers...

After all the correction and polishing work is finished we'll be using products from the new Pinnacle Black Label line to seal and protect the paint and give the paint that glassy, deep wet sizzling shine Pinnacle is famous for...

Mike Phillips

Chris washed the car before driving to Autogeek Headquarters but we still wiped the entire car down with Detailer's Waterless Auto Wash and then clayed the paint using Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay.

Next we taped the car off and started in doing the correction work using,

Quarz Gloss - Medium Cut Polish - Green Lid & Green Foam Pad
    Quarz Gloss is engineered to be used with the medium aggressive green foam polishing pad to remove medium depth below surface paint defects while polishing out to a clear, high gloss finish. Quarz Gloss is aggressive enough to remove down to P2500 sanding marks.

We follwed the correction step using,

Diamond - Ultra Fine Cut Polish - White Lid & White Foam Pad
    Diamond is engineered to be used with the ultra soft foam finishing pad to remove maximize gloss, clarity, depth and shine. Diamond Ultra Fine Cut Polish is an optional step for anyone looking to create a true show car finish.

Teamwork...

Post Thanks / Like

Wow incredible work Gentlemen. You guys never fail to impress me.

Thanks for putting this thread up Mike. Never got to see it go live as I was in bed fast asleep.

Post Thanks / Like

Damn ! that's an amazing car, and with that shine, I love it even more...

Mike Phillips

Live Broadcast

After every body panel on the car was corrected and polished we started the live broadcast with only the hood left to work on.

Yancy running the video cam with his Gyro Harness while I demonstrate how to apply the Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish

We also go over tips and techniques on how to use a microfiber towel to carefully remove the surface cleansing polish...

Next, applying the Black Label Diamond Paint Coating...

Removing any high points or excess coating...

Inspecting using the Rupes LED Swirl Finder Pen Light...

This Rupes LED Swirl Finder Pen Light has an adjustable light pattern display...

Yancy is the best when it comes to technology...

Be sure to watch the YouTube video in the first post of this thread, you'll see all these tools and product in action and learn lots of tips and techniques to help you create a show car finish on your project.

On Autogeek.net

Rupes LHR21ES Random Orbit Polisher

Rupes LHR 15ES Big Foot Random Orbital Polisher

Rupes Zephir Gloss Coarse Gel Compound 500 ml.

Rupes Quarz Gloss Medium Gel Compound 500 ml.

Rupes Keramik Gloss Fine Gel Polish 500 ml.

Rupes Diamond Ultra Fine Gel Polish 500 ml.

RUPES Color Matched 7" Foam Buffing Pads

All RUPES Polishers, Pads and Polishes

Coming soon!

Rupes LHR 12E Duetto Random Orbital Polisher Deluxe Kit

The Rupes LHR 12E Duetto Random Orbital Polisher Deluxe Kit is the quintessential example of what happens when a tool company listens to their customers. Designed entirely on customer feedback, this complete polishing kit includes the powerful and lightweight Rupes LHR 12E Duetto Random Orbital Polisher and everything you need to damp-sand, cut, and buff your car to a flawless finish. Rupes compounds, foam pads, and machine sanding discs represent the best the industry has to offer. If a perfect finish is what you seek, the Rupes LHR 12E Duetto Random Orbital Polisher Deluxe Kit is for you.

Rupes LHR 75E Mini Random Orbital Polisher Deluxe Kit

The Rupes LHR 75E Mini Random Orbital Polisher Deluxe Kit makes it possible to polish every square inch of your vehicle. The Rupes LHR 75E Mini Random Orbital Polisher features a compact, lightweight body that is designed to be used with polishing pads ranging from 3 to 4 inches. The Deluxe Kit includes the polisher itself plus a handful of Rupes foam pads, Rupes polishing compounds, and a host of other essential accessories for making for your vehicle’s finish flawless. Best of all, the Rupes LHR 75E Mini Random Orbital Polisher Deluxe Kit includes a Rupes bag to tote everything around in.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures: 2013 Dodge Charger - Black Label Diamond Paint Coating- New Rupes Polishers - Pictures & Video

Turned out awesome.

Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures: 2013 Dodge Charger - Black Label Diamond Paint Coating- New Rupes Polishers - Pictures & Video

Quote Originally Posted by jankerson View Post
    Turned out awesome.

Thanks for the comment...

The guys that attend these projects really pour their heart and soul into their work.

I think all the guys had a good time testing out the new Rupes polishers too... I'm going to use the Rupes 12 on a Mercedes-Benz today.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast