autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: 1949 Chevy Five Window Pickup Results

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    I had a ton of fun meeting everyone and coming out tonight! Hope to make the occasional makeover again!

We used the scholl stuff-- pads were great, but I'm not sold on the compound for DA application. The mid level polish and fine polish works great on any da though. The wax was a real soft buttery like wax that spread on easily enough, but dusted a little on removal.
    Thanks for attending last night Roshan, hope you had fun helping us with this project...

Quote Originally Posted by boomer1649 View Post

Mike, those new pads used last night to remove orange peel were pretty remarkable.
    I agree. We've had them here at Autogeek for a few months now but I've been waiting for the right project to test them out and last night's project fit the bill.

I'm uploading a video to YouTube as I type and next I'm going through the pictures. I'll created a dedicated thread for the CarPro Denim Orange Peel Removal Pads too...

Quote Originally Posted by boomer1649 View Post
    It was also good to see again how to always start with the least aggressive product (pad and/or compound) so you resolve the problem and still leave as much paint on the car as possible.

Great night! See you guys next time.

Den
    Thanks for helping out Den, you're always a great addition to the team.

Can't wait to get your GTO here!

Been kind of busy today, working on the pictures right now...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1949 Chevy 5-Window Pickup Extreme Makeover - Pictures & Videos

You know, that wax we used was nice, but for the price I thout that it could have gone a little farther on the application. It seemed like I was constantly having to re-apply wax to my pad after only a few runs. The upside to that is that it looks awesome. Really brought back the life into the sub-par(and scratched) paint job that was done to the truck. The pads were great and worked really well with minimal effort.

Post Thanks / Like

Great environment to learn while participating hands-on!
    Thanks again Mike and all that were there.

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoyed working on the five window Chevy pick-up. Used the Scholl products and what I noticed was a loner working time, product stayed wet and was easy to work with. The results were awesome and should add value to the truck at resale. Thanks Mike.

Mike Phillips

***Update***

Just added the "process" pictures to the first page of this thread...

Post Thanks / Like
    I sure am glad you post these. I always enjoy watching these makeovers. I only wish they were closer to my home I would join you guys in a instant.
    I will make my way down one of these days to do one. Keep up the good work keep the vids and what you use coming.

Thanks for what you do.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Skoob View Post
    I sure am glad you post these. I always enjoy watching these makeovers. I only wish they were closer to my home I would join you guys in a instant.
    I will make my way down one of these days to do one. Keep up the good work keep the vids and what you use coming.

Thanks for what you do.

Thanks Skoob...

It's a labor of love... getting these types of cars and in this case a hotrod truck in here to work on makes for good eye candy but there's always a certain amount of risk with any project so I appreciate all the guys that show up and the level of professionalism they bring to the table.

I have the "after" pictures to post next. I just stepped out to the garage to test out the Auto Finesse Rejuvenate Pre-Wax Cleaner and the Passion Luxury Car wax on my own truck and I'll try to get these pictures up today too...

Mike Phillips

***Update***

Just added all the "after" pictures to the first page of this thread including the cow interior, low down front grill shot, and a shot of the wood bed...

Post Thanks / Like

STUNNING!

That puppy came out...well, I'm at a lose for words.

Great work guys!

I am a bit concerned about 'our' dentist (in training), looks like he might have left a patient waiting...LOL.

Bill

Mike Phillips

I had a ton of fun meeting everyone and coming out tonight! Hope to make the occasional makeover again!
    Thanks for joining us Roshan... I do remember you smiling a lot!

We used the scholl stuff-- pads were great, but I'm not sold on the compound for DA application.
    This was the first time I've used products from Scholls including the S3 Gold Edition High Performance Compound. When applied using a dual action polisher, a Flex 3401 specifically, it was removing defects just fine but leaving small half circle scratches at the same time. My thoughts were that it might have been for rotary buffer use only but I just checked the info on the product page on the AG Store and it states it can be used with both rotary buffers and dual action polishers.

Scholl Concepts S3 Gold Edition High Performance Compound

Use S3 Gold Edition with a dual action or rotary polisher.
    I'm kind of busy this week but maybe next week I can do some testing on one of my black paint panels.

The mid level polish and fine polish works great on any da though.
    Agreed. I found the paint on all the body panels of this truck to be on the HARD side. The owner says he was told it's Glasurit Paint not that that's a good thing or a bad thing as I think any paint system can be made to be hard or soft.

The paint on the hood was new and a lot softer or easier to buff on compared to the rest of the truck.

The wax was a real soft buttery like wax that spread on easily enough, but dusted a little on removal.
    Sure left a nice clear, high gloss finish...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast