I bumped this thread to make it easy for John Greviskis to find on the homepage of the forum while we were on the phone.

(The homepage of the forum shows the most current threads being discussed)

We have a very rare opportunity coming up to wetsand, cut and buff a 1960 Glastron Fireflight for his TV show, Ship Shape TV.

He is in the middle of completely restoring this 1960 Glastron which has FINS just like a 1957 Chevy.

That's not all....

He purposefully had the gel-coat tinted to be the same color that came on 1957 Chevys, like yours Tim.

NOTE: The boat below is NOT the boat we're going to be working on, it's one I found on the Internet until I can get pictures of the actual boat. It's to give people an idea of what a 1960 Glastron Fireflight looks like and the FINS that were iconic to runabout ski boats built in the 1950's and 1960's.

John Greviskis told me there's a resurgence in restoring classic fiberglas boat and this means there is an increase in the technique of RE-Gel-coating boats instead of painting them.

The other side of the coin is after the boats are re-gel-coated they need to be wet sanded, cut and buffed.

We're going to show how to hand sand and machine sand the new gel-coat on this 1960 Glastron Fireflight using 5" sanding discs from Rupes and compounds, polishes and waxes from Marine 31.

There's no other place in the United States and probably the world where the public, that is our forum members will be invited to be a part of this project.

So this is a rare opportunity indeed.

If you've ever wanted to learn how to wetsand, cut and buff gel-coat boats then clear your schedule to be here the last week of August and get signed up for this event on our sister site, Marine31Online.com.

Here's the link to the sign-up thread.

Sign-up: How to wetsand, cut and buff a boat class

So if you have not registered with the Marine31Online discussion forum then do so today. Currently, it's the only discussion forum dedicated to teaching people how to detail boats. Another first in the industry.

Join Marine31Online.com

I'll be posting this opportunity to 4 other Marine Discussion forums that are sponsored by Marine 31.

You snooze you lose....

After each boat detailing class I always have people contact me with their sad story about how they missed the class for such and such reason... if it's important to you then make it happen.