autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1969 Camaro Pace Car - Show Car Makeover - Modeled by Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    How do you polish and shine behind those chrome emblems? Do you remove them? or polish that tiny section by hand? You would need a Q-tip to reach in some of those spots.

Typically, I have to get a soft bristle brush and Q-tips to get in these areas to get the dirt out. However, when doing a task of this magnitude, the only way to do it right is to remove the emblems, which I did for this job.

You have to be careful as the older cars used chromed pot-metal screws and they can be fragile. Since I'm the owner though, I knew just how to take these off properly. To do the car right, it truly is the only way to get the shine behind the emblems. As you can see, it makes a big difference and when you do the job right, it shows.

BTW, good eye for detail that you picked up on that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1969 Camaro Pace Car - Show Car Makeover - Modeled by Michelle-1969camaroindyemblem-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so jealous of all the beautiful old muscle cars Mike gets to work on.

Wish I lived closer. A lot closer. I think it speaks volumes about AG and

Mike P. that these owners of such classics totally trust them. I would too!
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

Post Thanks / Like

I have to tell you, I had never heard of AutoGeek or knew who Mike Phillips was until he came up to me at a car show and tell me he wanted to clean my car for me for FREE. I was like, "Yeah RIGHT" and "Who the heck is THIS guy?". I mean, who comes up out of nowhere and offers to clean your car for free? Mike introduces himself and says he will do this and all I have to do is bring my 69 Camaro all alone and meet him at an empty warehouse after hours. It seemed a little more than odd to me at the time. I mean, who does this?

It was after I met Mike again at a second show months later that I decided to take him up on his offer. Well, I took the plunge and decided to trust this guy. Maybe it was color of his van I liked or the terrific tasting candy he gave me. Seriously, after talking with him sat the show, Mike came off as very likeable and knowledgable person, so I decided to take him up on his offer...and boy am I ever glad I did.

When I arrived at AutoGeek, I could see that it was not some small warehouse and operation. Mike gave me a tour of the place and to say that AutoGeek's setup is impressive is not enough. The place is amazing, stocked to the ceiling with everything you could need, in stock, ready to go. I will say that when it comes to car care supplies, if AutoGeek doesn't have it, you don't need it.

I met Mike's team and what a great group of guys. They were all there because they wanted to be...not because they were paid or made to be. These guys LOVE cars and take amazing pride in taking care of them. Not only that, they really know there stuff. I am still amazed when they look at a car and in a few moments, tell me what problems they see and tell me what products are needed to make it right.

It only took a few moments to know I had made the right decision to "Trust" this crazy guy giving away free car details.

To say Mike cleans cars is like saying Mozart wrote cute jingles or DaVinci made a nice drawing of a lady. Mike knows his stuff. If they had doctorate degrees in car care, Mike would have one.

When all was said and done, my Camaro has never looked better. The paint looked like it had backlighting ti shined that much. AutoGeek is lucky to have a guy like Mike. He shows everyday guys like me who have no idea what proper care is or what REAL car care products are like. I can say this...AutoGeek is the only place for car care stuff. What really makes the difference is they KNOW their stuff. Anyone can sell you something, but very few can sell you what you really need. What I think is really cool is that if you have no idea what you need, you can email Mike and ask him and he will respond. Mike will tell you what product you need and if you watch any of his shows, you will learn how to use that particular product. Mike takes all the mystery out of what to use and how to use it. Try getting this type of help at the autoparts store. I used to go to my local auto parts store and buy a jug of this and a can of that and thought I was set. Now, I literally cringe at the thought of how I used to clean my car.

Now, when I go to car shows and I see a guy using the wrong cleaning supplies, or the wrong towels, and watch them GRIND their paint, I cringe and want to yell at them to STOP. I will usually walk up to them and introduce myself and show them what I use and tell there where I got them from. Most of them appreciate the info and hopefully, they check out AutoGeek for the right stuff. Plus, when they see me take 1st or 2nd place at the show, it's hard to argue with results.

Anyway, that is my "Mike" introduction story and I am so glad Mike came up to me and convinced me to put my Camaro in his hands. I guess that is Mike's mission...like Caine, he travels from car show to car show, righting car care wrongs and showing the chosen the light.

Post Thanks / Like

A true classic of yesteryear and the makeover is now complete. These cars were very popular back in the day and the 1969 is the year to which all others compare. If you compare the line resemblance of the current generation the eerie resemblance between it and the 1969 are uncanny...

• Beautiful Camaro $70,000
    • Transformation Team - $4000.00
    • Michelle - Priceless....

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by hoyt66 View Post

I'm so jealous of all the beautiful old muscle cars Mike gets to work on.

Wish I lived closer. A lot closer. I think it speaks volumes about AG and

Mike P. that these owners of such classics totally trust them. I would too!

I never take my profession for granted, I'd say I'm very blessed to get to work on all the cool cars that roll into Autogeek's garage but I take my responsibilities very seriously as team leader for all these projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post

I have to tell you, I had never heard of Autogeek or knew who Mike Phillips was until he came up to me at a car show and tell me he wanted to clean my car for me for FREE. I was like, "Yeah RIGHT" and "Who the heck is THIS guy?". I mean, who comes up out of nowhere and offers to clean your car for free? Mike introduces himself and says he will do this and all I have to do is bring my 69 Camaro all alone and meet him at an empty warehouse after hours. It seemed a little more than odd to me at the time. I mean, who does this?

It was after I met Mike again at a second show months later that I decided to take him up on his offer. Well, I took the plunge and decided to trust this guy. Maybe it was color of his van I liked or the terrific tasting candy he gave me. Seriously, after talking with him sat the show, Mike came off as very likable and knowledgeable person, so I decided to take him up on his offer...and boy am I ever glad I did.
    I'm glad you did to Steve and I do remember the first time we met at a car show as I've always loved the Camaro Pace cars and wanted to help you bring the finish quality of the incredibly nice paint job you had painted onto your car to an even higher level.

When I arrived at Autogeek, I could see that it was not some small warehouse and operation. Mike gave me a tour of the place and to say that Autogeek's setup is impressive is not enough. The place is amazing, stocked to the ceiling with everything you could need, in stock, ready to go. I will say that when it comes to car care supplies, if Autogeek doesn't have it, you don't need it.
    Everyone says they feel like a kid in a candy store when they walk through the warehouse...

I met Mike's team and what a great group of guys. They were all there because they wanted to be...not because they were paid or made to be. These guys LOVE cars and take amazing pride in taking care of them. Not only that, they really know there stuff. I am still amazed when they look at a car and in a few moments, tell me what problems they see and tell me what products are needed to make it right.
    That's right, we attract high caliber people that conduct themselves professionally both offline and online... that alone makes all these projects pure joy...

It only took a few moments to know I had made the right decision to "Trust" this crazy guy giving away free car details.
    Not really free as we use this to teach locals the craft and art of detailing cars and they share their experience with even more locals and the word-of-mouth advertising really pays off and pays off forever. Plus we get to showcase amazing products that people around the world come to Autogeek to learn about and purchase.

It's win/win at it's best.

To say Mike cleans cars is like saying Mozart wrote cute jingles or DaVinci made a nice drawing of a lady. Mike knows his stuff. If they had doctorate degrees in car care, Mike would have one.
    Ah you're too kind Steve, I just like making cars look shiny and I like showing others how to make cars look shiny, pretty simple really.

When all was said and done, my Camaro has never looked better. The paint looked like it had backlighting ti shined that much. Autogeek is lucky to have a guy like Mike. He shows everyday guys like me who have no idea what proper care is or what REAL car care products are like. I can say this...AutoGeek is the only place for car care stuff.

What really makes the difference is they KNOW their stuff. Anyone can sell you something, but very few can sell you what you really need. What I think is really cool is that if you have no idea what you need, you can email Mike and ask him and he will respond. Mike will tell you what product you need and if you watch any of his shows, you will learn how to use that particular product. Mike takes all the mystery out of what to use and how to use it.

Try getting this type of help at the auto parts store. I used to go to my local auto parts store and buy a jug of this and a can of that and thought I was set.

Now, I literally cringe at the thought of how I used to clean my car.
    Been there done that a long time ago...

Now, when I go to car shows and I see a guy using the wrong cleaning supplies, or the wrong towels, and watch them GRIND their paint, I cringe and want to yell at them to STOP.

I will usually walk up to them and introduce myself and show them what I use and tell there where I got them from. Most of them appreciate the info and hopefully, they check out Autogeek for the right stuff.

Plus, when they see me take 1st or 2nd place at the show, it's hard to argue with results.
    See, it's win/win and you're a walking, talking example. As an old forum buddy use to say,

"Each one teach one"

Anyway, that is my "Mike" introduction story and I am so glad Mike came up to me and convinced me to put my Camaro in his hands. I guess that is Mike's mission...like Caine, he travels from car show to car show, righting car care wrongs and showing the chosen the light.
    And the mission continues... just returned home from the "Help in the Heartland" project,

Official Invitation to MIKE PHILLIPS!!!!!! - Accepted!

And this Thursday we're tackling a 1936 Ford Roadster with single stage paint.

Thursday, December 13th - Mike's 1936 Ford Roadster- Extreme Makeover

Click here to sign-up!

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    A true classic of yesteryear and the makeover is now complete. These cars were very popular back in the day and the 1969 is the year to which all others compare. If you compare the line resemblance of the current generation the eerie resemblance between it and the 1969 are uncanny...

• Beautiful Camaro $70,000
    • Transformation Team - $4000.00
    • Michelle - Priceless....
    Right on all points Bobby...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345