autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Blown 1934 Ford Pick-up - Show Car Makeover - Modeled by Kristin

Quote Originally Posted by Kristin View Post
    So much fun, gorgeous truck!
    And thank you for helping out with both the 1957 Chevy on Thursday and the Hotrod 1934 Truck on Saturday!

1957 Chevrolet Bel Air - Remove Swirls - Modeled by Kristin

You made both cars look even better than they look by themselves...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Yes I did. I have two more iPhone videos taken that day but the one with the engine running will need a little editing because I fumbled my fingers with the awkward start and stop button. I'll see if Yancy can extract the pertinent part. If not, I can visit the truck and snag a new video as this engine, a 900 Horsepower old school Hemi sounds just as WICKED as it looks!

That's something we've played with in the past and are open to they idea today but so far no matter how we try to structure it there's a cost associated with the broadcast. Just to note, in order to do "good" business, a company has to make a profit. If a company doesn't make a profit that's called doing "bad" business and then they go out of business and that doesn't help anyone.

We're here to help by providing the best in class products with the best in class service at the best prices shipped right to you door. Providing best in class information and education is also our goal we just need to find a "win/win" business model that works for everyone.

But... we are working on it...

Thank you!

Bill

Super Member Wills.WindowsAndWheels's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Tommy needs to work out some...geez... lol. I dont know why the 4 of you pushed the truck out, i think he could have carried it.

Just curious but, how long did it take the 4 of you to do this from start to finish?
    Wills - Windows & Wheels Auto Detailing Detailing LLC
    www.WindowsAndWheels.com
    'Like' Us On Facebook

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Wills.WindowsAndWheels View Post

Tommy needs to work out some...geez... lol. I dont know why the 4 of you pushed the truck out, i think he could have carried it.
    That's funny but also accurate...

Quote Originally Posted by Wills.WindowsAndWheels View Post

Just curious but, how long did it take the 4 of you to do this from start to finish?
    About 4 hours...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    I think it would be a great idea. I was hoping you would incorporate a web cam into the AG Garage.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember this makeover posted awhile back but......man that 34' is friggen gorgeous!!

I want
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by birdog View Post

Better than a webcam we've done "live broadcasts" in the past and while we're doing them people can ask questions via the forum and we answer live right back at you.

Quote Originally Posted by IID View Post

I remember this makeover posted awhile back but......man that 34' is friggen gorgeous!!

I want

I agree. Not only does it look amazing but when the engine fires up it shakes the air and the ground!

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing work guys! Just wondering why would you use the Pinnacle polish over something like m205? I get so confused with so many different products out there. Also why did you use the pinnacle swirl remover instead of say m105 compound? Just trying to get a grip with what to use for different jobs. Thanks!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by MJT View Post
    Amazing work guys! Just wondering why would you use the Pinnacle polish over something like m205? I get so confused with so many different products out there. Also why did you use the pinnacle swirl remover instead of say m105 compound? Just trying to get a grip with what to use for different jobs. Thanks!

They work great is one reason. M105 is an aggressive compound and I'm pretty sure I explained with text and pictures that this is a show truck and only had fine scratches from normal wear-n-tear and also the kind of toweling marks that "Show Cars" tend to get because show cars tend to JUST get wiped and wiped and wiped after the first time they are cut and buffed.

For what it's worth, after I worked with the guys at Wayne Carini's shop all they use for polishes now are Pinnacle and if you watch all the NEW episodes of Chasing Classic Cars all the cars have show car finishes. In old episodes you'll see cars with swirls.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MJT View Post
    ... I get so confused with so many different products out there. Also why did you use the pinnacle swirl remover instead of say m105 compound? Just trying to get a grip with what to use for different jobs. Thanks!
    Autogeek tends to showcase the different products they sell. The one reason I started out with Adams products is because I didn't want to be concentrating on what product I was using on what pad and what products work with different pad and what pads work with different products. I wanted to be concentrating on the actual polishing and getting my car scratch and swirl free and the Adams kit makes it "Brain Dead" simple Green product on green pad, Orange product on orange pad white on white pad grey on grey pad. Green being heavy cut, scratch and swirl remover. Orange being swirl and haze remover, White being fine polish and grey paint sealant. Autogeek should develop a beginner starter kit that's color coded.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast