autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blown 1934 Ford Pick-up - Show Car Makeover - Modeled by Kristin

Mike,

Two questions,

1) Did you (maybe, hope) get a sound bite of that critter?

2) Is there any way there could be a static web cam set up so 'we' could watch?

Again, GREAT WORK to all!

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing looking truck.

Like you Mike P. I tend not to like obstructions in the windshield, but that blower...I could get used to .

Nice job crew!
    Mike

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Ryncarzk View Post
    Wow what a day this was! When I first arrived I thought the paint looked awesome. Just when truly inspecting the paint, we all found it needed a little love. The best thing about going to help Mike out with these great cars are using things like the Griot's Garage Mini DA. That was my first time using it and to say the least, I couldn't put it down. It was so nice using it to get into the smaller areas, and will definitely be a purchase for me soon
    I can't say thank you enough for helping out Kyle, what people reading this thread and others like it don't see is that you bring so much passion to the project, you're truly a "car guy". Plus you'll tackle any portion of the project you're asked to work on and do top notch work. That's appreciated.

It was my first time using the WG Fuzion. I was speechless at how nice it laid down, and how easy it was to wipe off with no powder left behind and the depth and gloss it brought to the paint was unreal. The pictures do not do that paint job justice. When we pushed the truck outside, I honestly think I saw the color change about 3 times.
    It's a fun wax to work on any paint that's perfectly polished but especially custom colors like the HOK Candies...

Although I am still a noob, going to theses classes have let me learn so much from a true master. I encourage anyone who wants to learn more about detailing to join everyone at autogeek next time we have a show car. It is an experience you won't regret and you get to meet truly great people who are all about detailing cars and making them shine.
    At the rate you're going, the student will become the master...

Great working with you Tommy and Andy! You guys did a great job.
    I agree, Tommy has turned out to be machine when it comes to machine polishing

And his buddy Andy was a big help too for this project... I hope to see both of them back here again for a future project...

Where were you Adam and Renny????? You guys missed out on one killer project!!! Hope you guys can make it out next time.
    We call them slackers...

Can't wait until the next project Mike!
    This Thursday night we're tackling a neglected black 2004 Chevy SSR

Black paint always tests a person's skills...

Chevy SSR - Extreme Makeover - Thursday, November 17th

Click here to sign-up...

Post Thanks / Like

About time you got a FORD in the Show Garage, Badazz looking ride!!! Great job by everyone. Wish you had a sound clip of the 34'.

Post Thanks / Like

Kyle, nice write up. I had prior commitments. Hope to be there this Thurs though..

You guys did an outstanding job!
    Wow what a day this was! When I first arrived I thought the paint looked awesome. Just when truly inspecting the paint, we all found it needed a little love. The best thing about going to help Mike out with these great cars are using things like the Griots Garage Mini DA. That was my first time using it and to say the least, I couldn't put it down. It was so nice using it to get into the smaller areas, and will definitely be a purchase for me soon

It was my first time using the WG Fuzion. I was speechless at how nice it layed down, and how easy it was to wipe off with no powder left behind and the depth and gloss it brought to the paint was unreal. The pictures do not do that paint job justice. When we pushed the truck outside, I honestly think I saw the color change about 3 times.

Although I am still a noob, going to theses classes have let me learn so much from a true master. I encourage anyone who wants to learn more about detailing to join everyone at autogeek next time we have a show car. It is an experience you won't regret and you get to meet truly great people who are all about detailing cars and making them shine.

Great working with you Tommy and Andy! You guys did a great job. Where were you Adam and Renny????? You guys missed out on one killer project!!! Hope you guys can make it out next time.

Can't wait until the next project Mike!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by BillE View Post

Mike,

Two questions,

1) Did you (maybe, hope) get a sound bite of that critter?
    Yes I did. I have two more iPhone videos taken that day but the one with the engine running will need a little editing because I fumbled my fingers with the awkward start and stop button. I'll see if Yancy can extract the pertinent part. If not, I can visit the truck and snag a new video as this engine, a 900 Horsepower old school Hemi sounds just as WICKED as it looks!

Quote Originally Posted by BillE View Post
    2) Is there any way there could be a static web cam set up so 'we' could watch?

Again, GREAT WORK to all!

Bill
    That's something we've played with in the past and are open to they idea today but so far no matter how we try to structure it there's a cost associated with the broadcast. Just to note, in order to do "good" business, a company has to make a profit. If a company doesn't make a profit that's called doing "bad" business and then they go out of business and that doesn't help anyone.

We're here to help by providing the best in class products with the best in class service at the best prices shipped right to you door. Providing best in class information and education is also our goal we just need to find a "win/win" business model that works for everyone.

But... we are working on it...

Question?
    I wonder how many people would be interested in watching over the Internet when we machine buff-out this car?

This is another true show car in every sense of the word and while I was walking around the Gold Coast Corvette Club - First Annual Car Show I couldn't properly inspect the paint because the car was parked in the shade...

Here's my guess though... although it's a show car, chances are very good that since coming out of the paint booth, then being sanded cut and polished, and then being detailed by various detailers and wiped down multiple times by various people using who knows what... chances are very good that while it looks great there's room for improvement.

From page 2 of this thread,

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips

[URL="http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/40573-gold-coast-corvette-club-first-annual-car-show.html"
    Gold Coast Corvette Club - First Annual Car Show[/URL]

This is Franklin Feiler's 1939 Lincoln Zephyr built by Superior Custom Classics in Hudson, Florida. The paint color is House of Colors Sunset Orange.

The average person looking at Glen's 1954 Ford F-100, which is also a show truck, no one would have guessed the paint was horribly contaminated and completely swirled out when properly diagnosed and inspected.

1954 Ford F-100 - Extreme Makeover - Process and products used

Rotary Buffer Swirls everywhere in the paint, even the roof and the doors...

This shot was taken with my trusty, dusty Canon Rebel with the flash on after claying just HALF the roof...

For the how-to book I needed very specific categories of "paint condition" so when talking to people about the condition of their car's paint we could all be on the same page. What I came up with was 11 categories as you can see here on page 37 of the first printing...

The paint on this custom hotrod pick-up fell into category 2. Excellent Condition and what we did was to restore it to category 1. Show Car Quality.

My guess is that the paint on the 1939 Lincoln Zephyr is in Category 2 and again, our goal will be to restore it to Category 1.

Post Thanks / Like

Question?
    I wonder how many people would be interested in watching over the Internet when we machine buff-out this car?
    I think it would be a great idea. I was hoping you would incorporate a web cam into the AG Garage.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    I think it would be a great idea. I was hoping you would incorporate a web cam into the AG Garage.

Maybe someone start a dedicated thread to gauge how much interest there would be to watch projects like this over the Internet?

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! This thing looks amazing. I love the color of the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

So much fun, gorgeous truck!
    Proud Member of the Swirl Girl Team

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast