autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Blown 1934 Ford Pick-up - Show Car Makeover - Modeled by Kristin

Quote Originally Posted by Twister View Post
    Awesome job. That is one amazing truck. I absolutely love the color. You can tell the owner appreciates keeping it looking nice because from the before pics it wasn't in bad shape overall

Correct. If you look on the first page of this thread I've started adding pictures including the very light swirls and scratches in the paint.

A couple of comments...
    It's real easy to tackle an extremely neglected finish or abused finish and restore it and in the process share dramatic before and after pictures.

It's a lot harder show a dramatic before and after pictures when you start out with something in very good condition to start with even though you still have to some of the things you would do if the paint was neglected.

Also, with a streetrod like this you have to be very careful you don't make any mistakes... one of the guys here today had never used a machine to polish before... he's going to be back with his streetrod in the near future.

Here's one more shot before I close down Autogeek for the night...

Looking good wearing a coat of Wolfgang Fusion

Post Thanks / Like

One word guys - Wicked! I really wish I could have been there. Dying to learn how to wet sand, hint, hint, hint....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rencor View Post
    One word guys - Wicked! I really wish I could have been there. Dying to learn how to wet sand, hint, hint, hint....
    Wow Renny we sure missed a nice make over .Great job guys sorry I had to sit this out but the good news I'm off for the next two Saturdays just in case another make over comes up on a Saturday .
    Lamborghini Broward

Post Thanks / Like

The truck came out awesome Mike and crew look forward to seeing more pictures .
    Lamborghini Broward

Post Thanks / Like

A 'real' old school Candy Apple Red!

I'm at a loss for the proper words...so, "Insert every 'expletive delete' descriptive adjective there is!"

Nice job Gents.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful work guys and what an awesome car. I love that color.

House of Kolor Candy Apple Red with a Gold Base

This almost the same color and base combo that I have on my Nova. The reflections and flake in the sun are unreal. I can't tell you how many people ask me about it at car shows.

I ended up going with House of Kolor Candy Brandywine over Gamma Gold.

Again...fantastic work guys on a beautiful car
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Mike Phillips

***Update***

Just finished adding all the pictures from this project to the first page of this thread...

This coming Thursday we have a black Chevy SSR coming in you can sign-up here,

Sign-up - Chevy SSR Show Car Makeover - Thursday, November 17th

Chevy SSR

Sometime in the future Brian, shown here inspecting the paint using the baggie test...

Brian

Will be bringing in his custom Chevy SSR for a little TLC...

Post Thanks / Like

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! TLC AT ALL COSTS ON THIS BABY! FABULOUS JOB GUYS.
    budinsc

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Blown 1934 Ford Pick-up - Show Car Makeover - Modeled by Kristin

Wow what a day this was! When I first arrived I thought the paint looked awesome. Just when truly inspecting the paint, we all found it needed a little love. The best thing about going to help Mike out with these great cars are using things like the Griots Garage Mini DA. That was my first time using it and to say the least, I couldn't put it down. It was so nice using it to get into the smaller areas, and will definitely be a purchase for me soon

It was my first time using the WG Fuzion. I was speechless at how nice it layed down, and how easy it was to wipe off with no powder left behind and the depth and gloss it brought to the paint was unreal. The pictures do not do that paint job justice. When we pushed the truck outside, I honestly think I saw the color change about 3 times.

Although I am still a noob, going to theses classes have let me learn so much from a true master. I encourage anyone who wants to learn more about detailing to join everyone at autogeek next time we have a show car. It is an experience you won't regret and you get to meet truly great people who are all about detailing cars and making them shine.

Great working with you Tommy and Andy! You guys did a great job. Where were you Adam and Renny????? You guys missed out on one killer project!!! Hope you guys can make it out next time.

Can't wait until the next project Mike!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryncarzk View Post
    Wow what a day this was! When I first arrived I thought the paint looked awesome. Just when truly inspecting the paint, we all found it needed a little love. The best thing about going to help Mike out with these great cars are using things like the Griots Garage Mini DA. That was my first time using it and to say the least, I couldn't put it down. It was so nice using it to get into the smaller areas, and will definitely be a purchase for me soon

It was my first time using the WG Fuzion. I was speechless at how nice it layed down, and how easy it was to wipe off with no powder left behind and the depth and gloss it brought to the paint was unreal. The pictures do not do that paint job justice. When we pushed the truck outside, I honestly think I saw the color change about 3 times.

Although I am still a noob, going to theses classes have let me learn so much from a true master. I encourage anyone who wants to learn more about detailing to join everyone at autogeek next time we have a show car. It is an experience you won't regret and you get to meet truly great people who are all about detailing cars and making them shine.

Great working with you Tommy and Andy! You guys did a great job. Where were you Adam and Renny????? You guys missed out on one killer project!!! Hope you guys can make it out next time.

Can't wait until the next project Mike!
    Sorry I had to sit this one out my turn to work this past Saturday . Will be available for the next two Saturdays and I might take the trip up this Thursday .
    Lamborghini Broward

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast