autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Pictures: Autogeek Open House Detail Day - Saturday, January 4th, 2020

We're going to post pictures from this even here. Also - sorry to say, but vBulletin, (that's our forum software), at least at this time does not support sharing videos on the fly like Facebook allows.

For this reason, I'm going to share videos on-the-fly on my Facebook page but I will post them here too, they just look like a "picture" until you >click< on the image and then they'll play.

Stay tuned...

Mike Phillips

Here’s Aaryn doing a coating demo

After machine polishing - next it’s time to chemically strip the paint.

Next Aaryn demonstrates how to properly install the coating.

Giving the paint a final buff to remove any high spots.

Flawless results!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes FrankS, custmsprty, Diner, UncleDavy liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures: Autogeek Open House Detail Day - Saturday, January 4th, 2020

This is Sylvia using a polisher for the first time!

5. Likes FrankS, Diner liked this post
    Mike Phillips

This event is over and I'm going to share some more pictures later.

Thank you to Aaryn and his wife and sons for attending. I think all of us guys that have detailing in our blood, that is the passion to make cars looks great, can relate when I say we're thankful for our wife's an children's that either support our passion or "put-up" with our passion, (there's a difference), and I'm glad Aaryn's wife and kids support Aaryn's passion.

It was a genuine pleasure to have Aaryn here to do what I do as a normal knee-jerk type action and that is to answer questions and show others this thing we call the craft of detailing and the art of polishing paint.

I watched Aaryn polish the hood of the Audi before coating it and he's a zillion times more the perfectionist I am. I would let him detail my own cars before I detail them, I kid you not, he is the perfectionist's perfectionist.

We had a great turn-out with lots of local folks and even a guy, David, that drove here from Fort Myers, which is on the West Coast of Florida. That's about a 4-5 hour drive easy.

More later....

7. Thanks custmsprty thanked for this post
    Likes custmsprty, FrankS, Diner, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Open House Detail Day at Autogeek - Saturday, January 4th, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    ... As I sit here at 20 past 8 on a Saturday night writing this, I realise that this time in a fortnight we will have just taken off from New Zealand on our 8000+ mile journey to Florida.

Really looking forward to it & really looking forward to hanging out with the good folks at Autogeek for this Open House Day.

Aaryn NZ.
    Aaryn, just wanted to say it was a real pleasure to meet you and your family.

Your expertise in this field was much appreciated. Your advice and kind words are something that can carry a business a long way.

Watching you ceramic coat that blue Audi was watching a master at work.

Again, thanks for traveling all the way here and our best wishes go out to your wife a kids.

P. S. I’m not sure if you’ll still be in town on Monday the 6th, there is going to be a rocket launch from Cape Canaveral, Kennedy Space center sometime after 9pm on January 6. It can be seen from miles away and it can really be an awesome sight.

Rocket Launch Schedule | Kennedy Space Center

Check the Kennedy Space Center website for launch time details.

Maybe we’ll meet again,
    Jerry and Grace

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

9. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Here’s an Infinity with extreme oxidation and road film.

Here’s what BLACKFIRE One Step can do using the Griots Garage 6” ROP

Here’s Grace knocking out the front section.

Before

After

And finished

11. Likes Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    This event is over and I'm going to share some more pictures later.

Thank you to Aaryn and his wife and sons for attending. I think all of us guys that have detailing in our blood, that is the passion to make cars looks great, can relate when I say we're thankful for our wife's an children's that either support our passion or "put-up" with our passion, (there's a difference), and I'm glad Aaryn's wife and kids support Aaryn's passion.

It was a genuine pleasure to have Aaryn here to do what I do as a normal knee-jerk type action and that is to answer questions and show others this thing we call the craft of detailing and the art of polishing paint.

I watched Aaryn polish the hood of the Audi before coating it and he's a zillion times more the perfectionist I am. I would let him detail my own cars before I detail them, I kid you not, he is the perfectionist's perfectionist.

Thank you Mike.

Your kind words are humbling & your friendship is an absolute honour.

I cannot thank you enough for organising this event & taking the time to not only entertain my family & myself but to give every person that turned up that same Mike Phillips knowledge embrace. It’s a true pleasure listening to you speak & witness you teach with the passion you do. You inspire me to always strive to be better.

I couldn’t agree with you more Mike - we are truly blessed to have the Women we have alongside us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry0 View Post
    Aaryn, just wanted to say it was a real pleasure to meet you and your family.

Your expertise in this field was much appreciated. Your advice and kind words are something that can carry a business a long way.

Watching you ceramic coat that blue Audi was watching a master at work.

Again, thanks for traveling all the way here and our best wishes go out to your wife a kids.

Maybe we’ll meet again,

Jerry and Grace

Thank you Jerry.

I have made some incredible friends on this Forum & I’m pretty pleased I got to meet you & your wonderful Daughter Grace. We all enjoyed talking & working alongside you both, I will cherish those memories forever.

Thank you both for coming along, & thank you for the kind words to my friend. I too hope we meet again.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

.... I have a few pictures that Jonty & I managed to capture throughout the day.

The Autogeek Show Car Garage.

Jonty & I got down there fairly early to lend Mike a hand to set up where we could.

Roldo (Please forgive me if I have that wrong) turned up with this slick Cadillac ... that’s a whole lot of realestate to look after.

It had some moderate to heavy marring/swirls & we improved it by around 65-70% using Blackfire ONE STEP via a combination of the Flex CBEAST & PIXIE & RUPES yellow pads.

Here’s Sylvia polishing the front of the bonnet (hood to you folks) with the Flex PIXIE in 12mm free spinning orbital mode & a 3in RUPES yellow pad.

I feel bad I cannot remember everyone’s name but some great people came with some great cars - this Corvette was a stunner & the Mustang was a gorgeous car no doubt.

Mike has set up a wash station including foam guns, clay towels & mitts, drying towels & drying tools & people were washing cars & decontaminating them like crazy.

This sweet Audi was the car Mike got me to do a coating demonstration on the bonnet (hood) of for everyone to see. This was fun, I cannot say I have ever polished, prepped & coated in front of that many people before but I enjoyed the engagement of the group.

Plenty of questions were being asked & hopefully folks were learning as we went along.

Even had the owner up there using the Flex CBEAST to help Polish out his own bonnet, & this was the first time he had ever touched a polisher too.

Chemically stripping the paint prior to coating application...

Getting ready to apply CQuartz UK3.0 ceramic coating.

Looked incredible once we were done.

To be continued ....

a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

15. Likes custmsprty, Diner, PaulMys, UncleDavy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Without wanting to go over the same pictures that Mike has already shared too much - here is a couple we got of Grace’s cool Infiniti that was suffering from a touch of oxidation.

Blackfire ONE STEP on what I believe we’re Lake Country pads on the Griots GG6 cleaned up the oxidation & then Mike applied a thin coat of Blackfire BlackICE Hybrid Liquid Wax.

Grace & Jerry wiping off the BlackFIRE Hybrid Liquid Wax ...

Mike got better before, during & after pictures but I’ll share them anyhow ...

Before.

After.

Mike also showed us how to polish the windshield on this Mazda & apply a surface coating - Pinnacle Black Label Surface Coating.

Although easier to see in person the use of water was there to demonstrate the removal of traffic film/build up through the polishing process to ensure a clean surface for the coating to effectively bond to.

As mentioned - the water behaviour on the right has more of a “sheeting” effect & is the side Mike had polished & the left side demonstrating there is something on the surface & the water has a somewhat “beading” effect.

Polishing the other side ...

Chemically stripping the windshield ...

And Mike applying the surface coating ...

Coating levelled & done.

This was a fantastic event to be part of. I consider it a privilege to work alongside Mike Phillips & value the knowledge he shares but his friendship the most.

A lot more happened throughout the day & as folks were coming & going it was hard to capture everything on camera.

Thank you to everyone that came along & made it a super cool day, I personally enjoyed talking to you all & made some great new friends - if any of you are ever down my way in New Zealand, be sure to drop by anytime & I’ll let you know when I’m back this way too.

Aaryn NZ.

17. Likes custmsprty, Diner, mc2hill, PaulMys liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast