autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1955 Chevy Bel Air with a $15,000.00 Custom Paint Job - How to remove water spots

Quote Originally Posted by Wknd Dtlr View Post
    Mike, I have been a detailing enthusiast for several years and I continue to be amazed with your write-ups. You did yet another spectacular job on this one!

Quick question.... on jobs that I machine polish, I usually remove the license plate to make working in that area more convenient and consistent. I noticed you left the plate on for this job. Can you explain your preference for doing it this way?

Keep up the good work and thanks again for all that you teach us!
    The rear licence plate bracket did`nt have the correct attaching hardware.If whomever was to removed the nuts and they accidentally fell inside the deck lid we would be fishing them out with a magnet.I made the owner aware of his bracket issue.
    "Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin' out over the line"

Mike Phillips

Re: 1955 Chevy Bel Air with a $15,000.00 Custom Paint Job - How to remove water spots

Quote Originally Posted by 57BORNTORUN View Post

The rear licence plate bracket did`nt have the correct attaching hardware.

If whomever was to remove the nuts and they accidentally fell inside the deck lid we would be fishing them out with a magnet.

I made the owner aware of his bracket issue.

Thanks Tim for adding this tidbit of information.

I knew there was a reason because I normally will remove what CAN BE REMOVED in order to do a GREAT job and also to protect the cars, the components, the paint and even the people.

)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Thanks Tim for adding this tidbit of information.

I knew there was a reason because I normally will remove what CAN BE REMOVED in order to do a GREAT job and also to protect the cars, the components, the paint and even the people.

)
    Thanks for the info on the rear plate removal. Believe it or not, I just received notification of this post in my email inbox.

It also reminded me I need to be careful when removing anything from the vehicle, no matter how simple it may seem, as it could create a major headache to what would normally be an enjoyable detailing experience.

Mike Phillips

Thanks for the info on the rear plate removal. Believe it or not, I just received notification of this post in my email in-box.
    I too get email notifications days after the event on the forum happened. We have our vBulletin Mechanic taking a look under the hood and the issue should be fixed here shorty.

It also reminded me I need to be careful when removing anything from the vehicle, no matter how simple it may seem, as it could create a major headache to what would normally be an enjoyable detailing experience.

I agree.

Just to note - In my how-to book there's an entire section on removing trim, emblems, hood ornaments, etc. off someone else's car and my first recommendation is to ask the OWNER to do this for you because in most cases they will be a lot more intimately familiar with their car and these [sometimes] fragile components.

Been there and done that...

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome job guy's! This 55" Chevy Bel Air now has a show car finish and it looks beautiful

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123