autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1955 Chevy Bel Air with a $15,000.00 Custom Paint Job - How to remove water spots

Thanks Mike, AG and Guy (owner) for the opportunity to work on this 1955 beauty.

The car was pretty well maintained except for the ugly water spots.

It was nice being able to try out the different tools such as the Rupes iBrid. The iBrid would be great to add to my arsenal for those tight places.

The car looked great after using the McKee's combo, Compound and Jeweling Wax, water spots were gone and left a beautiful finish.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1955 Chevy Bel Air with a $15,000.00 Custom Paint Job - How to remove water spots

Dang! PHENOMENAL stuff and an absolutely stunning color to show off the results. I also like the use of most machine types and "actions" used on one vehicle. The only thing i would have loved to see is the same exact spot of the close up water spots (3rd photo, first post) after all was said and done (and eaten!). I know what it looks like now but love the graphical depiction of exact same shots before and after.

Absolutely stunning work on a beautiful classic and i love all the hands on it...both new to detailing and old!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing Guy will be parking far away from all sprinklers after those water spots. Those Rupes Nano polishers look awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    I'm guessing Guy will be parking far away from all sprinklers after those water spots. Those Rupes Nano polishers look awesome.
    I'm pretty sure he will. He said he wouldn't let that happen again.

He was very pleased with the results.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wowww, she shined up real nice.

Excellent work Mike, and the team of guys. Amazing job to everyone.

Looks like that iBrid Nano came in handy above that chrome bumper!

Car looks how its supposed to now! Oh and the pizza looks pretty good aswell.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, I have been a detailing enthusiast for several years and I continue to be amazed with your write-ups. You did yet another spectacular job on this one!

Quick question.... on jobs that I machine polish, I usually remove the license plate to make working in that area more convenient and consistent. I noticed you left the plate on for this job. Can you explain your preference for doing it this way?

Keep up the good work and thanks again for all that you teach us!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post

Wow! What a transformation! Nicely done gang!

Thanks Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by Puckman View Post

Dang! PHENOMENAL stuff and an absolutely stunning color to show off the results. I also like the use of most machine types and "actions" used on one vehicle.

The only thing i would have loved to see is the same exact spot of the close up water spots (3rd photo, first post) after all was said and done (and eaten!).
    Yeah I was tired and simply forgot to get the after close-up shots.

The sun had gone down too as it was after 8:00pm when we were ready to drive the car out of the garage. Even if I had taken pictures the sun was no longer overhead but way down the horizon.

The good news is Guy will be back and when he does come back I'll get the after shots and add them to this thread.

For what it's worth, Frank, John, Tim and Robert were all here and are regulars to my Thursday night classes and all four of these guys have very good eyes for inspecting the results. I'm sure they'll be happy to chime in with their opinion of the after results.

Quote Originally Posted by Puckman View Post

Absolutely stunning work on a beautiful classic and i love all the hands on it...both new to detailing and old!
    I agree. These are fun classes. We normally work on really cool cars and everyone gets in and helps out. All my classes are like this and back when I was at Meguiar's besides the TNOGS I also did "Extreme Makeovers" for cool cars at Meguiar's on Thursday nights.

I never get tired of working on cool cars and showing others the art of polishing paint.

Thanks for the comments...

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by FrankS View Post

Thanks Mike, AG and Guy (owner) for the opportunity to work on this 1955 beauty.

The car was pretty well maintained except for the ugly water spots.

It was nice being able to try out the different tools such as the Rupes iBrid. The iBrid would be great to add to my arsenal for those tight places.

The car looked great after using the McKee's combo, Compound and Jeweling Wax, water spots were gone and left a beautiful finish.

Thanks for joining us last night Frank. I alwasy appreciate your help to make sure these classes run smooth with no issues.

Post Thanks / Like

that came out beautiful!
    Great job team!
    Robert DiTerlizzi, 772-260-6636
    Impressions Fine Automotive Detailing
    7656 SW Jack James Dr.Stuart, Fl.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Wknd Dtlr View Post

Mike, I have been a detailing enthusiast for several years and I continue to be amazed with your write-ups. You did yet another spectacular job on this one!

Quick question.... on jobs that I machine polish, I usually remove the license plate to make working in that area more convenient and consistent. I noticed you left the plate on for this job. Can you explain your preference for doing it this way?
    If you read enough of my write-ups, you'll see that when I can I do remove things like the license plate holders and other trim and emblems.

To be honest I don't know why we didn't remove the license plate bracket last night. I'm just getting over a pretty severe upper respiratory infection, I was off work for the Memorial Holiday weekend but I was in bed sick the entire time. Came back to work Monday to get products pulled and shipped to London for my Waxstock class in July and by the end of the day I was relapsing.

So normally I remove what I can but last night I was still just a little under the weather and little foggy in the head due to cold medicines.

I promised Guy we would tackle his car on Thursday, June 2nd and with other people already planning to be here I just don't make it a habit of letting other people down.

Quote Originally Posted by Wknd Dtlr View Post

Keep up the good work and thanks again for all that you teach us!

Thank you. It takes work to hold any class and it also takes work and time to process the pictures and tell a story that someone else in the future could read and hopefully learn something they could put into practice in their own garage.

While I understand why so many people hang out on Facebook "groups" you simply cannot share these types of pictures and this type of information in little tiny boxes via Facebook.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast