autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1938 Plymouth Sedan Streetrod Extreme Makeover!

The team knocked another one out of the park. The cyclo polishers made short work of this big car. What a huge transformation. The new detailers learned a lot and had a good time. The women had smiles and determined look on their faces.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike, it was amazing to be a part of this Project! I Love the time I spent at the garage, and meeting other enthusiasts was amazing! Great time indeed. Seeing mike buffing this car was cool, he makes some difficult areas looks easy to do! I just came back to Brazil and can’t wait to start using the tips you gave me at the garage!

About the Cyclo Machine, I was impressed with the results. I read a lot about this machine and I saw many videos too, but it was the first time I used one of these. The orbit is quite large and the correction power is amazing, maybe because the machine has two heads. At the beginning it was quite difficult to manage the machine as its bigger them any other polisher, but once you get used to it, you can take advantage of the size, shortening the work time.

It was also the first time I used the Blackfire products. It was a great experience! The compounding has no dust at all and it is easy to clean out after buff. The correction is powerful and the finishing was awesome. We could easily wax the car after compounding only, it was already looking good, but to get the show car looks, we went to the polishing step too. Polishing with Blackfire and Cyclo was pure pleasure, easy and great bright came out.

Another thing that was impressive was the clay methods we had the opportunity to test. The contamination level of this car was really high, no one can tell by the pictures, but by touching that paint you could feel how bad it was. We managed to clean the contaminants quickly with the Cyclo and nanoskin pads, great product, at the difficult areas we used a glove/towel, another great product!

Thank you Mike and the great crew I meet at Autogeek garage, it was a great experience! Victoria also had a great time over there, she said it was fun to detail at AG’s garage! A great thing about having many people working on the same car is, beyond the short time, there was no missing of spots or details. If someone missed a detail, someone else went to correct it. I hope the owner loved the result, the car was looking amazing at the end!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Leco View Post

Mike, it was amazing to be a part of this Project! I Love the time I spent at the garage, and meeting other enthusiasts was amazing! Great time indeed.
    Hi Oswaldo,

Good to hear you and Victoria made your way back to Brazil without any travel issues and thank you so much for making the 2 hour drive back to Autogeek on Thursday to be part of my extreme makeover team for this streetrod project.

I know everyone else that attended also had a good time talking to you as well as working with you on this project.

Seeing mike buffing this car was cool, he makes some difficult areas looks easy to do! I just came back to Brazil and can’t wait to start using the tips you gave me at the garage!
    I'm confident you're new detailing and car wash business is going to be a success!

About the Cyclo Machine, I was impressed with the results. I read a lot about this machine and I saw many videos too, but it was the first time I used one of these. The orbit is quite large and the correction power is amazing, maybe because the machine has two heads.

At the beginning it was quite difficult to manage the machine as its bigger them any other polisher, but once you get used to it, you can take advantage of the size, shortening the work time.
    The Cyclo is a great tool you just have to combine it with good products plus good technique and it's a solid performer as the results from this project show.

It was also the first time I used the Blackfire products. It was a great experience! The compounding has no dust at all and it is easy to clean out after buff. The correction is powerful and the finishing was awesome. We could easily wax the car after compounding only, it was already looking good, but to get the show car looks, we went to the polishing step too.

Polishing with Blackfire and Cyclo was pure pleasure, easy and great bright came out.
    While the paint did look great after the compounding step I think everyone there could see the increase in gloss and clarity after the polishing step and that's what separates show car detailing from mediocre work. And of course machine applying the finishing wax was the cherry on top of the whip cream.

Another thing that was impressive was the clay methods we had the opportunity to test. The contamination level of this car was really high, no one can tell by the pictures, but by touching that paint you could feel how bad it was.

Thanks for adding this little tidbit. All the people that will read this thread into the future have no way of knowing just how rough the paint was to the touch without a comment like yours and mine on the first page of this thread. My guess is this car had overspray paint from when it was originally painted.

Like I always say, the most common place to get overspray paint on your car is while it's at a body shop getting painted because besides your car being painted, other cars get painted while your car is at the paint shop and there's always some level of painting being done inside and even outside the paint booth.

We managed to clean the contaminants quickly with the Cyclo and Nanoskin pads, great product, at the difficult areas we used a glove/towel, another great product!
    Nanoskin pads on the Cyclo and the NanoSkin wash mitts and towels made quick work of removing the overspray.

Thank you Mike and the great crew I meet at Autogeek garage, it was a great experience! Victoria also had a great time over there, she said it was fun to detail at AG’s garage!
    We're glad she had fun... the pictures show she was having a fun time...

A great thing about having many people working on the same car is, beyond the short time, there was no missing of spots or details. If someone missed a detail, someone else went to correct it. I hope the owner loved the result, the car was looking amazing at the end!
    That's one thing I like about our projects, they go from zero to hero in a short time and while everyone has plenty of work to do no one is overworked.

And the pizza is good too!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234