autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1987 Corvette Show Car Makeover - SONAX Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by g26er View Post
    Mike, the only gold pads I'm finding on AG are 6.5 CCS pads and looking at the photos it doesn't seem right? Do you have a link the the gold pads you used.

Sorry if you already posted it, I couldn't find it.

Thanks
    I'm curious about these gold pads also. I've seen other posts from Mike where he's used them on some of his makeovers.
    I think they are the LC #78-42550 which is a gold 5.5" CCS pad, not sure why AG doesn't offer them.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    Would like to hear some thoughts as well compared to the equivalent products from Menzerna.
    Good question, this is the first and only car I've buffed out using these new products so I really need to use the product more before I could draw any correlations or similarities. I would say that when using the Fine Abrasive Paste that a little bit goes a long ways.

Both products have long buffing cycles and easy wipe-off and these are two characteristics that are important. Results are phenomenal also...

Quote Originally Posted by Benziez View Post
    is it the same thing?
    I don't think so but I'm not privy to their formulas and if they share technology between brand lines. This would be a good question to take to the SONAX website and get an official answers.

Quote Originally Posted by g26er View Post
    Mike, the only gold pads I'm finding on AG are 6.5 CCS pads and looking at the photos it doesn't seem right? Do you have a link the the gold pads you used.

Sorry if you already posted it, I couldn't find it.

Thanks
    I can find it in the warehouse but I cannot find it on the AG store. Here's the part number,

LC-64-4455-130mm

If you call Customer Care they can probably get them for you.

1-800-869-3011

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorAutoLLC View Post

Mike,

I went to school with Forrest and Juan a few years ago; two phenomenal guys! You guys did an awesome job!!
    Great guys, true "Car Guys" and very hard workers...

Quote Originally Posted by john b View Post
    how much of the spray sealant did you guys use on the vette?just wondering how many applications a person could get out of one can.
    Good question. When we do these projects we usually have a mix of new guys and seasoned pros and we're all working at the same time trying to get a "step" finished. This doesn't always make for best case scenarios as far as product usage goes.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Donnym View Post
    I'm curious about these gold pads also. I've seen other posts from Mike where he's used them on some of his makeovers.
    I think they are the LC #78-42550 which is a gold 5.5" CCS pad, not sure why AG doesn't offer them.

One thing for sure, these are very nice pads for use with a rotary buffer for final polishing or jeweling...

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donnym View Post
    We'll have them available soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    The Nano Polish is supposed to finish out hologram free so we're going to finish out using only rotary buffers and then apply the Polymer Net Shield.
    This is very interesting to me. I have been under the impression (both from reading and from firsthand experience) that rotary induced holograms are created by the circular action of the rotary in conjunction with the technique being used. I am curious to know how an abrasive polish can overcome this?

Am I reading more into this than I should be??

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Rockeey View Post
    This is very interesting to me. I have been under the impression (both from reading and from firsthand experience) that rotary induced holograms are created by the circular action of the rotary in conjunction with the technique being used. I am curious to know how an abrasive polish can overcome this?

Am I reading more into this than I should be??

I would say that the personality types that hang out discussing car detailing on a car detailing forums are personality types that tend and trend to reading more into everything... (me included)

Here's what the SONAX website states,

SONAX ProfiLine Nano polish NanoPro

Fine nano polishing agents gently return the shine to new and slightly weathered paintwork. Quickly and easily gives a perfect high gloss to paintwork treated with SONAX Abrasive Polish, or SONAX Nano Abrasive Polish & Finish. And with SONAX Nano Polish, even scratch resistant paints can be polished, professionally and hologram free. Contains no wax or silicone. Medium abrasive effect (cut).

One thing for sure, there is a lot of really good abrasive technology being introduced to the paint polishing world and that's a benefit to everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Here's what the SONAX website states,
    SONAX ProfiLine Nano polish NanoPro

Fine nano polishing agents gently return the shine to new and slightly weathered paintwork. Quickly and easily gives a perfect high gloss to paintwork treated with SONAX Abrasive Polish, or SONAX Nano Abrasive Polish & Finish. And with SONAX Nano Polish, even scratch resistant paints can be polished, professionally and hologram free. Contains no wax or silicone. Medium abrasive effect (cut).
    One thing for sure, there is a lot of really good abrasive technology being introduced to the paint polishing world and that's a benefit to everyone.
    Since there does not appear to be any holograms in the subject vehicle and, provided it can be demonstrated that the polish can do that consistently on different paint systems, that would make this somewhat of a "revolutionary" product....in my opinion.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Rockeey View Post

Since there does not appear to be any holograms in the subject vehicle and, provided it can be demonstrated that the polish can do that consistently on different paint systems, that would make this somewhat of a "revolutionary" product....in my opinion.

Agreed.

Technology in the detailing and body shop industry is improving faster than I've ever seen. The only way to keep up with it is to be hanging out on a forum because this is where the information is shared first and fastest.

Mike Phillips

Hey Forrest...

How's the finish holding up?

Post Thanks / Like

Very intrigued by the Sonax compound/polish/sealant products. Mike, did you decide to work these products with rotary buffers due to the notoriously hard clear coat?

2012 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - Torch Red

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast