autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures: 1965 Plymouth Valiant Extreme Makeover

Great results. It was a nice to see it all happen. I see Adam and Robert were there chipping in.

The moral of the story is using people with varying skill levels, good tools, and products can create great results.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Great work everyone! Very nice write up Mike!
    Signature Car Care... Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    http://www.signaturecarcare.com/
    "May the shine be with you" Uncle Stu

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoyed watching it live, Hope you guys do it again!!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoyed last night learned a lot!! Thanks Mike and everyone that was there! Cant wait for the next car.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW, youse guys dun good!

Really impressed with the young man, he really has his head in the game.

Just a fun comment ref the 'youngun'...notice him sitting on the deck, see how his legs and feet are going every which way? Oh to be young and that flexible again...LOL.

Great job to everyone!

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Was thinking the same thing about young and flexible...

Great job, thanks for sharing.

Mike Phillips

Re: Live Broadcast Video - 1965 Plymouth Valiant - Extreme Makeover

***Update***

The live broadcast video has been added to this thread, see the first post of this thread. It's about 3 hours long. This is the first time we've done this for a Thursday Night "Autogeek's Car of the Week" project and there's going to be some rough areas so bare with us as we tweak our techniques, learn from our mistakes and I'm confident we'll do better as we move forward.

The next Thursday Night "Autogeek's Car of the Week" project will likely be May 10th or May 17th so clear your schedule and plan to be here and join in the fun.

I have lots of "Special Interest Cars" all lined up for either a "Show Car Makeover" or an "Extreme Makeover" and for each project car we'll be showcasing different product lines from different companies plus using a variety of different tools.

A big thanks to Max for providing the facilities, tools, products and behind the scenes staff to make these events possible.

Also thank you to Yancy for setting up the hardware and the software to video this project and then editing and uploading the video to our YouTube Channel.

Post Thanks / Like

I missed out on the live feed...

...BUT HOLY SMOKES THEY RECORDED IT. WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Big thank to Mike and Yancy for all the hard work, to MAX for allowing it all to take place, and the behing the scenes people that helped as well. TEAM WORK BABY...YEAH!!!!

Thanks a million Max for allowing Mike to post videos like these. They're a great help to many of us. Perfect watching time on a rainy day like today.

One last thing...

Mike I really appreciate you making the effort to put that kid into the spot-light a bit. He'll never forget his pictures being posted on this forum. Hopefully you've lit a spark that will lead him to happiness and prosperity, good health, and the inkling to someday inspire a kid on his own. My hat is off to Mr. Phillips. More kids need opportunities to learn a skill that can take them somewhere. I've love to see you do a class like this once a year with a few youngsters like this.

God Bless!
    Bill

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post

One last thing...

Mike I really appreciate you making the effort to put that kid into the spot-light a bit. He'll never forget his pictures being posted on this forum. Hopefully you've lit a spark that will lead him to happiness and prosperity, good health, and the inkling to someday inspire a kid on his own.

My hat is off to Mr. Phillips. More kids need opportunities to learn a skill that can take them somewhere. I've love to see you do a class like this once a year with a few youngsters like this.

God Bless!

I like teaching young kids the art of polishing paint. This young man was incredibly polite and a real fast learner. Plus a hard worker. He really paid attention to any instruction he was given by everyone here that night and if you look at any of the pictures of him you can see how intently he's focused on what he's doing.

I hope to see him back in the future....

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbp7 View Post
    Awesome photos and a great turn around. Its nice to see such a young kid with patience taking his time and buffing out a car.
    I'd like to have more young men and even young ladies, interested cars attend our clinics. I wish someone could have started me out on proper technique etc. when I first started out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rencor View Post
    Thanks Max, Mike & AG for the opportunity to work on a really cool car with some really cool people.

Thanks Paul for trusting us with that Comando!

This car came in pretty bad shape but nothing that couldn't be corrected with a little TLC. For many last night, this was their first time working a machine to polish paint. As you can see, todays technology allows the average person without experience to turn out an excellent finished product.

Kudos to all.
    Thanks for joining us Rene and thank you for helping others by watching them buff and then tweaking their technique to flatten out the learning curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Great results. It was a nice to see it all happen. I see Adam and Robert were there chipping in.

The moral of the story is using people with varying skill levels, good tools, and products can create great results.
    And have some fun in the process as well as make some new friends...

Quote Originally Posted by DARK HORSE View Post
    Great work everyone! Very nice write up Mike!
    Thanks Tad. I didn't have time to add any captions to the pictures last Friday but I'll try to get to it later today after I finish a hot offline project.

Quote Originally Posted by Gino Martin View Post
    I really enjoyed watching it live, Hope you guys do it again!!
    I thought there would have been more replies to this thread after we added the video as a sign there's interest in this type of thing. Squeaking wheel gets the grease and all that...

Quote Originally Posted by t.DRAKE.u View Post
    I really enjoyed last night learned a lot!! Thanks Mike and everyone that was there! Cant wait for the next car.

I'm going to schedule two cars for May 10th, so I'm going to need a good team of people ready to get serious...

Quote Originally Posted by BillE View Post

Just a fun comment ref the 'youngun'...notice him sitting on the deck, see how his legs and feet are going every which way? Oh to be young and that flexible again...LOL.
    10-4 on that...

Quote Originally Posted by BillE View Post
    Great job to everyone!

Bill
    We really had a great team of guys for this project...

Quote Originally Posted by vet View Post

Great job, thanks for sharing.
    Thank you sir! Max is the man behind the scenes giving all of this his stamp of approval plus the resources to make it happen.

If our forum members want to see more of these projects broadcast live and also video taped and than shared on the forum you should make your voices heard. Simple enough.

If you're a lurker and you liked watching this video... then join the forum and reply to this thread and let us know... this type of live feed project followed up by posting the video requires resources. If it's seen by management as being well received there will be more. No feedback means no interest and there won't be any more... so if you liked watching this project live or the video then take a moment to click your mouse and let us know. It's really that simple. It's easier to post a comment to this thread than it is to be here and actually do all the work required to go from a swirled-out mess to a show car finish.

Hood Before

Hood After

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast