Quote Originally Posted by Rudi Chau View Post

Hi mike.. I want to ask about your statement

why u choose microfiber finishing pads ? Not the lake foam pad ?

Thanks

The answer to your question is in my quoted statement...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips

"For our Test Spot we're hoping to use Optimum's brand new Microfiber Finishing Pads with the Optimum Hyper-Polish on DA Polisher. This is keeping with the philosophy of ..."

At the time we did the extreme makeover on my buddy Glen's 1954 Ford F100, which was October of 2011, that's three and a half years ago, these microfiber pads were brand new, that is they were just being introduced to the market.

One of my jobs here at Autogeek is to use and thus showcase NEW PRODUCTS.

That's one of the reasons I chose to use the "at that time" new to the market Optimum Microfiber finishing pads.

Note we did the correction work using microfiber pads but we did the finishing step using good old fashioned FOAM pads.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips

Next up... Finish Polishing or Jewelling with a DA Polisher

The finish left by the Microfiber Polishing Pads and the Hyper-Polish was as I stated before, simply amazing even after we chemically stripped the paint and inspected using the Brinkmann Swirl Finder Light.

That said, from my own personal testing on clearcoated black paint I'm strongly of the opinion that for show car work, that is for the maximum clarity, gloss and shine you still get the best results when you finish out with foam instead of fiber.

For this next step we're going to use Lake Country 5.5" Blue Low Profile Finessing Pads with Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish using DA Polishers on pretty much the same speed setting for each of the different tools that we used for the Optimum Microfiber Pads.

Glen, Robert and Adam machine polishing with Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish

Good question...