autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

1994 Porsche 964 Turbo 3.6 - Modeled by Janna and Amy

1994 Porsche 964 Turbo 3.6 - Modeled by Janna and Amy

Make plans now to be part of the team the polishes the black paint on Sam's rare Porsche to perfection and then apply the Cquartz Paint Coating.

We'll start at 5:00pm and should be done around 10:00pm

Sam told me there's a few swirls and scratches in the paint since the last time we buffed out his car so we'll need to restore a mirror finish before applying the Cquartz.

Need a mirror?

Reply to this thread if you want to join in the fun...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Autogeek's Car of the Week - 1994 Porsche 964 Turbo 3.6- Thursday, September 15th

Mike, ask Sam if he is interested in selling. I am looking at one nearly identical in California to purchase and Stuart is a heck of alot closer!

Mike Phillips

Re: Autogeek's Car of the Week - 1994 Porsche 964 Turbo 3.6- Thursday, September 15th

Quote Originally Posted by Porsche Pilot View Post
    Mike, ask Sam if he is interested in selling. I am looking at one nearly identical in California to purchase and Stuart is a heck of alot closer!

Sam's a die-hard Porsche enthusiast and chased after this car for years... it's his baby and his pride and joy but I'll ask him. HE also has a killer BMW that we'll have here for another project.

We have some more surprises in the que too...

Post Thanks / Like

I am sure he wouldn't part with her. It is an outstanding example. That is the problem I am having with my search for my next P-Car...the die hards are hoarding them!

Post Thanks / Like

Great looking car, can't wait to see what you guys do with it!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Flannigan View Post
    Great looking car, can't wait to see what you guys do with it!

I hope the swirls and scratches are minimal... but we'll do what needs to be done. I think the hardest part about detailing this car is the felt of fuzzy material surrounding the sunroof. When I first worked on the car I started by removing the other guy's wax as it was embedded into the fuzzy material and it's hard to remove it without harming the fuzzy gasket material.

TOGW = The Other Guy's Wax

I taped the fuzzy gasket off each time I've worked on this car as I'm not going to be the other guy to someone else down the road.

Besides that the louvers are a pain too...

The paint around the louvers and the louvers were the most difficult areas to work on and while the paint was greatly improved in this area there are still deeper scratches remaining that can be removed but will require more time to work out carefully by hand or machine...

The good news is we'll have a team of people attacking the car so it should go pretty quick...

Post Thanks / Like
    The fuzzy seals are indeed a pain. Mine drive me nuts since the tape doesn't like to stick to it. Can you remove the underside of the wing to make polishing easier...get the plastic part out of the way? I have a 930 turbo coming into the shop Sunday for a weeklong correction. It has the same wing as Sam's so I will take notes on you guys handle that portion of it.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What system(s) are you using on this car?

Mike Phillips

The plan was to stick with the Wolfgang Twins to restore the paint to the quality the car deserves, then use the CarPro Eraser Intense Oil & Polish Cleanser to strip the paint and then apply the CarPro Cquartz Ceramic Quartz Paint Protection

That's the plan...

Post Thanks / Like

hi mike!

good luck on the project. i drove and raced porsches for 45 years so i cant wait to see your finished results.

by the way whatever the blond applying lipstick is selling im buying it!!!!!!!!! she reminds me of paige the car wrangler on pass time on speed channel.

rock on buddy.

budinsc

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast