autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures: 1928 Model A - Wetsand, Cut and Buff at Autogeek

Quote Originally Posted by fosaladrigas View Post
    Mike,

Thanks for the great opportunity to get hands on experience with wet sanding, cutting and polishing techniques and also for your expert instructions. Looking forward to the next Thursday night gig. I told my neighbor about your Thursday night gigs and he's interested in coming too.

Frank

Thanks for joining us Frank... we would love to have you back and bring your car buddies with you.

I have more pictures to post from this project and a video but have a lot of other projects to push through for next week when we're filming the 2014 season of "My Classic Car".

I will get to them though...

Post Thanks / Like

Hey mike had a great time workinon the model a. Its aleays a good time at the makeovers and there is always something new going on at autogeek. Thank you for being so cool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome job! I'd probably die doing as many vehicles as you do in a weeks time. LOL.

How did the solvent pop areas turn out?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by ken tuep View Post
    Awesome job! I'd probably die doing as many vehicles as you do in a weeks time. LOL.

Ding dang.... you're going to kill me... I forgot to inspect.

Sorry about that. By the time we were done everyone was tired including myself. Before the Model A I was hand rubbing out the single stage paint on a 1956 Chevy and earlier that morning I was hand rubbing out aluminum rims and plastic trim, needless to say I too was ready to go home after removing the wax.

I'll call Mike and ask him to look and see if he's taking the hotrod Model A to any car shows this weekend and if he is I'll do my best to get over to it and inspect and take a picture.

I did look at car in a general way to inspect for any missed spots, like missed sanding marks using the Brinkmann and I don't remember seeing the pin hole/fish eyes/solvent pops or whatever they were in the paint.

I've been crazy busy working on behind the scenes work for next week's shooting at My Classic Car. I have to shoot B-roll video for part of today plus do all the set-up work for shooting b-roll video today and then finish a brand new article. I'm hoping to get up more pictures of this project plus my class using the Rupes polishers on the 1963 Galaxie, the Flex 3401 on the 1959 Dodge Royal and even wetsanding and using rotary buffers on my 1987 Silverado.

It's easy to take lots of pictures... sorting through the good ones, renaming the files in numerical order, cropping out the fluff, uploading and then inserting them all is always on the to-do list.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know you're a super busy Guy. No worries.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by ken tuep View Post

Still haven't seen the car in person after we buffed it out but I'm going to call the owner today about the Porsche.

Also, just added two videos to the top post on the first page of this thread...

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by NIKIGUNZ View Post

Hey mike had a great time workinon the model a. Its aleays a good time at the makeovers and there is always something new going on at autogeek. Thank you for being so cool.

Whatever happened to you Niki?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12