autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Live Video Broadcast - 1947 Chevy & 1986 Porsche 928 - Extreme Makeovers

Quote Originally Posted by feslope View Post
    I'll never use BP gasoline!!

Hi Nick
    Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by Calibmw23 View Post
    what compound and polish did you use on the yellow car?
    Mike is using BLACKFIRE on the the 1947 Chevy and WOLFGANG on the 1986 Porsche.

Post Thanks / Like

Nick and Mike, BP ads are every 15 minutes. You guys probaby don't see them.
    Fred R. Elias Jr.
    Warren, MI. 48091
    1-586-755-1245

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by feslope View Post
    Nick and Mike, BP ads are every 15 minutes. You guys probaby don't see them.
    We see them.

Ray@AutoGeek.net
    800-869-3011 x245

Post Thanks / Like

I like how I can hear every thing. The conversations are very interesting

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks AG Mike, Nick and Ray. Good job all!!
    Fred R. Elias Jr.
    Warren, MI. 48091
    1-586-755-1245

Post Thanks / Like

That's all folks! Thanks for joining us online tonight. Be sure to check out the bottom of the AutogeekOnline.net discussion forum often as that's where you'll find upcoming projects announced as well as an announcement for Live Video Broadcast.

We'll try to do these every other week...

Ray@AutoGeek.net
    800-869-3011 x245

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mike, first off, thank you for the live stream tonight, it was excellent. The only complaint I have is, with a beer commercial every 15 minutes or so(much better than the BP commerials), guess what it made me do. I am a new registered member to the forum, but I’ve been lurking for about a year. I must say that this site is like browsing through an encyclopaedia of car detailing. Also I must say that as a member of two other forums (not car detailing), members treat each other with much more respect here. Now onto a question for you and any others that are able to help. After compounding the car, why did they remove the tape before waxing? If your goal is to avoid getting wax on the different trim textures, wouldn’t it be better to leave the tape on? I do have some other questions in general, but I will post them separately in the forum. Again thanks again for a great site.
    Mike

Mike Phillips

Here's a few Beauty Shots of our project cars and the Transformation Team and then it's time to shut down Autogeek's Show Car Garage. I'll be back online tomorrow to answer any questions in this thread...

Both projects now have a deep, wet shine!

The Transformation Team!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Live Video Broadcast - 1947 Chevy & 1986 Porsche 928 - Extreme Makeovers

Thanks Mike and AG team, looks great!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by M Porter View Post

Hi Mike, first off, thank you for the live stream tonight, it was excellent. The only complaint I have is, with a beer commercial every 15 minutes or so(much better than the BP commercials), guess what it made me do.
    Have an adult beverage?

I am a new registered member to the forum, but I’ve been lurking for about a year. I must say that this site is like browsing through an encyclopedia of car detailing.
    Love reading comments like this, it means we're all doing our job.

Also I must say that as a member of two other forums (not car detailing), members treat each other with much more respect here.
    Thank for posting your observation, we work very hard at running a family friendly and helpful forum. We want people to feel comfortable asking any question and being talked down to in a demeaning manner or told to simply use the [search] button.

Now onto a question for you and any others that are able to help. After compounding the car, why did they remove the tape before waxing? If your goal is to avoid getting wax on the different trim textures, wouldn’t it be better to leave the tape on?
    Great question!

There's two approaches,

1. Remove the tape after all correction work then machine apply the wax. Using this approach you have to be extra careful not to cream out any trim but at the same time if you focus on the task at hand you can remove any tape-residue lines as you're machine applying the wax. Otherwise, you'll have these thin lines of polish residue everywhere there was tape and you'll have to carefully wipe these residue lines off by hand.

2. Leave the tape on till after the wax is removed and then carefully wipe off any residue lines where the tape was placed.
    There are benefits and drawbacks to both approaches, I don't think there is a perfect solution. Classic cars, antiques, muscle cars and hot rods tend to be easier to buff out in general and one reason why is because they has less or no rubber, plastic or vinyl trim to have to deal with.

I do have some other questions in general, but I will post them separately in the forum. Again thanks again for a great site.

Mike
    Thank you for your kind words about our forum and your questions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast