autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mike Phillips

Re: 1939 Lincoln Zephyr - Swirls Removed - Modeled by Nicole

Frank the owner sent me this e-mail...

Quote Originally Posted by Frank
    Hi Mike,

I just wanted to drop you a note of great Thanks for the wonderful job that you did with your products on my 1939 Lincoln Zephyr a few days ago. The entire experience was a very educational one for me and to see the final results was amazing.

The car has never looked better and it shines beyond belief.

Thank you very much for all your professionalism and I wish you the very best for the coming New Year, and I look forward to seeing you again during the coming months.

Best regards,

Frank

You can expect to see this car on our TV Show and another car from his collection, nothing special just the only white 1959 Cadillac Convertible that Elvis Presley ever purchased.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    You can expect to see this car on our TV Show and another car from his collection, nothing special just the only white 1959 Cadillac Convertible that Elvis Presley ever purchased.

Damnnnnn.....You should do a "Guess how much it's worth?" thread like the previous Pace Car for the Cadillac.

Post Thanks / Like

Being as I won the swirl-girl swirl finder light (say that 5 times fast!) I just wanted to say...

Thank you to everyone at AG, Nicole and everyone on this forum. I am wet behind the ears when it comes to this stuff yet everyone makes me feel so welcome and helps me with any and all questions I have.

You all make this forum my go-to spot and thats why I will always come back here for whatever the reason from tips to detailing to social interaction as everyone here is so friendly. I feel like I have friends all over who we all share the same OCD-inspired lifestyles to vehicle maintenance and appreciation.

Again, thank you to everyone that made the contest possible and for the awesome deals you guys have set forth for us. I think we are all a little spoiled and have come to the conclusion that you set and raised the bar for other companies to model their business practices off of. Your vision and mission statements, your credo and company values are exemplified every day and we all appreciate the long hours and tremendous amounts of work you put in every day for us.

Please never change, because without you, there would be no such thing as awesome customer care!
    Why was the Energizer Bunny arrested?... He was charged with battery.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much Mike!

This shoot was so fun to do! And this is in my top fav favorite cars of all time. Pics came out great!

Thanks everyone!!!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleSwirlGirl View Post

Thanks so much Mike!

Thank you Nicole and thank you for introducing us all to Tina! I'll have the El Camino pictures up tomorrow!

1959 Chevrolet El Camino - Extreme Makeover - Modeled by Tina

Here's Nicole with Tina...

Post Thanks / Like

Great Job guys! The car looks fantastic, wish I was able to help out.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post

As we worked our way around the car we noticed that our pads were becoming stained with a grayish, brownish color? Here you can see the staining of the foam pad via the contrast of the white colored polish we were using.

DIP = Dirt in Paint
    Here's a shot of one of our used pads next to a brand new, never before used white polishing pad. This color transfer from the paint to the pad is a type of dirt staining that build-up on the finish and comes off when you're machine polishing.

This dirt staining effect clouds the surface blocking the true color of the paint from shining through.
    I found the amount of dirt and other gunk coming off the paint to be a little surprising only because even with a casual look-over of the car the paint looked clean and shiny?

At some point, after the car was moved out of the paint booth to the day it was moved into our studio, the paint was repeatedly exposed to something in the air the color of the pad on the left.

Just goes to show that even a true award winning show car occasionally need to have the paint professionally cleaned, polished and waxed to maintain maximum gloss, shine, reflectivity, clarity, D.O.I. and all the beauty characteristics that make for a great looking paint job.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B. View Post

I love the gloss in this picture.

I'm no fashion authority but I think it's accepted that red and orange clash?

Even so, this car looks amazing on our red and black tile floor...

Mike Phillips

***Update***

Just discovered an iPhone video I took of this 1939 Lincoln Zephyr right after we wiped the wax off the paint.

I've added the video to the first page of this thread here,

1939 Lincoln Zephyr - Swirls Removed - Modeled by Nicole

And of course, modeled by the lovely Nicole...

Mike Phillips

***Bump***

Lots of new members have never had a chance to see this makeover and might not know how to find the thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12