autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: RUPES EASY GLOSS System - EXTREME MAKEOVER - 2006 Toyota Tundra - YEARS of neglect!

Forgot to share the after for the gas cap door...

Before

After

2. Likes Texchappy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: RUPES EASY GLOSS System - EXTREME MAKEOVER - 2006 Toyota Tundra - YEARS of neglect!

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Damn Mike, you guys killed it. Too bad AG isn't on the West Coast. I'd be like Frank, always there. Good times fellas!
    You know it Don. Can't pass up these opportunities living so close.

Always pick up some tips and a great chance to test out some new products.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post

Great results Mike. Work smart not hard!
    Thanks Scott

I cover multiple ways to work smarter and not harder in my Detailing classes.

It's a cliche that's thrown around pretty loosely but I show real world methods anyone can actually put into practice.

Quote Originally Posted by EngineerNate View Post

How do you like the Sonax Fallout Remover compared to Iron X and Ferrex? I was choosing between the three for my last detail job and didn't see a lot of info on the Sonax so I tried it. I was happy with it but it went really fast. Does one of the three tend to "go further" per oz or work significantly better than the others?
    One thing I know for sure - SONAX puts out safe products.

Not saying other companies don't either but I don't worry about a " whoops" with any SONAX product.

Post Thanks / Like

Holy cow!!!

Dion must be over the moon with this outcome! Seriously awesome turn around indeed, you guys done an incredible job, well done.

I have to admit - I have never experimented with the RUPES UHS System at all but now I'm thinking I perhaps have been missing out somewhat. I feel an order coming on . . .

Yeah Don, I agree - I couldn't not attend these projects if I was closer, I think I could even hold down a non detailing job & get my detailing fix attending these events at Autogeek if I lived near enough.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Used the UHS on the Auburn detail and it was very pleasant system to use. Cuts and finishes out easily with no dusting on a very hard surface. And with moderate arm movement as well. For some reason the UHS out performed (gloss wise) than the Rupes Blue Zephir coarse polish with blue pads. The end result was a more glossy finish with UHS than the blue Zephnir.

Rupes UHS/UHS pads
    Rupes Diamond Ultra fine/white pads
    Equals Awesomeness!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RUPES EASY GLOSS System - EXTREME MAKEOVER - 2006 Toyota Tundra - YEARS of neglect!-img_2380-jpg   RUPES EASY GLOSS System - EXTREME MAKEOVER - 2006 Toyota Tundra - YEARS of neglect!-img_2379-jpg  
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

Mike Phillips

Car Detailing History

Back in 2014 when UHS Easy Gloss System was first introduced to the American market, (I was able to test it out when it was in beta form at RUPES in Milan, Italy), we had a Thursday night class here at Autogeek and I'm pretty sure we were the first to showcase this product. At least I don't remember any other write-up from that time.

Here's the link to the thread,

1954 Hudson Hornet polished with Rupes UHS

Here's the car we used and this is my good friend Dennis Gage helping me out by pointing out the problem...

Before Pictures

I practice documenting the true and accurate condition of all the cars that go through any of our garage projects and this last Saturday, during Autogeek's Cars & Coffee with Dennis Gage I took some great pictures using full overhead bright sunlight to capture the current condition of the paint on this classic and rare 1954 Hudson Hornet Convertible.

Since Dennis was here I asked him to give me a hand... literally....

Thanks Dennis!

Mike Phillips

Here's Todd Helme doing the Test Spot

taken....

Mike Phillips

Here's my team working the UHS system...

I see a lot of familiar faces...

Mike Phillips

Here are the beauty shots...

No more swirls or holograms, just a totally clear clearcoat finish that allows the beautiful metallic flake to pop as it shines through....

Mike Phillips

Good times...

That was back in November of 2014, so 3 years ago.

RUPES offers great abrasive technology in their line and in my opinion, that IS the most important factor when it comes to polishing anything.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast