autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures: RUPES Detailing Class at Autogeek - 1948 Chevy Fleetmaster Streetrod

Quote Originally Posted by PhxDarius View Post

I have only refrained from posting anything on these type of article/posts by Mike, because I felt that I couldn't add anything beneficial to them.

I know the feeling. Sometimes I chime in on a thread just to let the person know I saw their thread, appreciate their hard work and appreciate the time they took to stop detailing, grab a camera and take some pictures and then later share them on the forum. It's easier to just detail the car. Since I know first hand the time and effort that goes behind not only detailing a car but the photography and write-up work I try let others know it's appreciated.

In the future I will, even if it is just to say thanks for all the info I learned.
    That is definitely appreciated by myself and all who create any type of write-up that imparts knowledge via pictures or the written word.

The other benefit replying to a thread has is it puts it back on the forum homepage in front of eyeballs that might have missed it when it was a top 20 recent thread.

If a thread isn't "hit" before 20 different threads are "hit" or posted to it falls off the forum homepage so some people simply may not see it.

So when read a thread you like or you learn from, (that's two things), and then post to it there's multiple benefits.

When a person reads a thread and they like it and learn from it but don't take any action there's only the benefit to them.

Kind of how forums work...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures: RUPES Detailing Class at Autogeek - 1948 Chevy Fleetmaster Streetrod

Well done Mike and team - you guys did that red beauty some serious good. I hope the 606 and 808 were well received... doesn't get much easier than P808 when it comes to sealing up that gloss.

Post Thanks / Like

I can`t get enough of the Thursday night "EXTREME MAKEOVERS" !!!Cool cars, great teacher and products...and then there`s the PIZZA.
    "Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin' out over the line"

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the engine...

Pictures: RUPES Detailing Class at Autogeek - 1948 Chevy Fleetmaster Streetrod-20160301_165346-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,I'm Nick the owner of the 48 Chevy Fleetmaster.

First I'd like to thank Bob McKee for letting Mike and us use the Show Car Garage for the Thursday night detailing classes.

Not only does it give us a chance to learn about detailing but for people like me an opportunity to makeover and resurrect our classic cars by a pro that may not otherwise be possible.

Thanks Mike for taking an interest in my old hot rod, I know there's many nicer that you could've used, but she really appreciates the spa day!!!!

I cleaned it yesterday and sprayed on another coat of RUPES P808, it's slick as glass!!!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan@RUPES View Post

Well done Mike and team - you guys did that red beauty some serious good.
    Thanks Dylan - I know the team really like how smooth the RUPES tools were during the compounding and polishing step.

For some people, this was there first time using the RUPES paint polishing system and for a few people it was the first time they ever used a machine to polish paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan@RUPES View Post

I hope the 606 and 808 were well received... doesn't get much easier than P808 when it comes to sealing up that gloss.

The M606 worked great for getting the car clean and the P808 was nothing short of amazing for ease-of-use and the amazing shine.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Nicks48 View Post

Hi,I'm Nick the owner of the 48 Chevy Fleetmaster.

First I'd like to thank Bob McKee for letting Mike and us use the Show Car Garage for the Thursday night detailing classes. Not only does it give us a chance to learn about detailing but for people like me an opportunity to makeover and resurrect our classic cars by a pro that may not otherwise be possible.

Thanks Mike for taking an interest in my old hot rod, I know there's many nicer that you could've used, but she really appreciates the spa day!!!!

I cleaned it yesterday and sprayed on another coat of RUPES P808, it's slick as glass!!!

Hi Nick,

Cool to see you joined the forum and I'm glad you found your thread! I was meaning to send you the link or show you how to find it but you beat me to it.

It was a real pleasure to work on your car. In my life I've worked on a lot of different cars including a lot of 2-door couples but I've never worked on a 1948 Chevy Fleetmaster 4-door before and now I have one of these cars as a part of my repertoire.

See you at Cars & Coffee and Lew's Crew Cruise in!

Mike Phillips

Wow! The red paint on that car looks great! It was nice to see the Rupes products being used, as I recently purchased a 15 mkII.

Now I am going to want a mini for them tight spaces..

Thanks for the post Mike!!

Congratulations on the new Mark II BigFoot 15 polisher. Now just invest the time into becoming one-with-the-machine and you'll become a paint polishing artist!

Post Thanks / Like

mike i cant wait to get mt hands on the bighfoot 15 lhsii everyone is talking about this, cant wait to make my fingers bleed using this at your class.. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike!! Awesome write-up and the car looks amazing!! Took advantage of the AG presidents day sale!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast