autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: 1954 Hudson Convertible - Rupes Extreme Makeover - Live Broadcast

***Update****

Just to let everyone know...

I've added all the pictures to the first page of this thread.

Nice work last night Todd.... now get some rest and get over that cold!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again Mike, Autogeek and Bill (the owner of the Hudson) for giving us the opportunity to work on this beauty.

I was amazed at how well the new Rupes UHS Easy Gloss System worked. This one-step system from Rupes did an amazing job on the Hudson. The pads were firm yet felt like a memory foam, hard to describe. The polish had a long work time, easy to wipe off and no dusting.

Thanks Todd for the great information on the new system and on Rupes in general.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome to see the outcome (Back on Page #1)!

I was working last night while watching the Live Feed, I saw the booble head first I'm sure and started shaking - couldn't write where he was (buhundd wundshuelld!),

Deleted text, tried to write anything worth describing his positioning, 'misclicked' the post quick reply button, and lost the contest! But it was VERY, VERY fun to participate.

Unfortunately later I couldn't access the Live video, however I could follow everything now by the pics.

Congratulations to everyone who participated, and I'll be sure to try UHS soon as I can.

Also enjoyed the LSP used, it's my main LSP here and it's good to see it being used on such beauties and highlight vehicles.

LIL question, 0 (Zero) dusting, or 0,1%, 2%, ...?)? Even if by user error? Thank you so very much.

Kind Regards.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tato View Post
    Awesome to see the outcome (Back on Page #1)!

...Also enjoyed the LSP used, it's my main LSP here and it's good to see it being used on such beauties and highlight vehicles.

LIL question, 0 (Zero) dusting, or 0,1%, 2%, ...?)? Even if by user error? Thank you so very much.

Kind Regards.
    The PBL Paint coating sure gave that car a glassy look!

There was zero dusting that I noticed, not sure if everyone else had the same experience, maybe they will chime in.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice! Great job everyone.

Very excited for the UHS.

Post Thanks / Like

i want to thank Mike, Todd, Yancy and the whole Autogeek team for allowing me to use this new Rupes product and also to Bill for allowing us to working on this great car. How many of us get to say they worked on a 1954 Hudson Hornet Convertible.

This new Rupes UHS system works great with no dusting whatsoever. this is another great product from a great company. this one is a winner for sure and great for a 1 step process.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to Mike, Todd Helme and the Autogeek team for an awesome evening at the Show Car Garage. The Tech Session on the new Rupes Paint Polishing System emphasized the focus on precision in the design and manufacture of these random orbital polishers. The detailing team had an opportunity to work on the classic 1954 Hudson Hornet convertible with these superb machines and the pads and products designed to complement them. I am impressed with the balance of the Rupes Bigfoot 15 and enjoyed buffing with it. The results that were achieved compounding and polishing in one step were amazing. The evening was all fun with some light work, thanks to the excellent equipment. Thanks again, Bill, for sharing your classic car for the evening. Everyone went home happy, especially you.

Al Fortuna

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by JSou View Post
    Very nice! Great job everyone.

Very excited for the UHS.

You're going to love the way the polishing compound and pad performs. Endless buffing cycle, zero dust, excellent defect removal and final polish results.

Rupes kindly sent me 16 pads and 6 bottles of the product so we had plenty to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by refreshauto View Post

i want to thank Mike, Todd, Yancy and the whole Autogeek team for allowing me to use this new Rupes product and also to Bill for allowing us to working on this great car.

How many of us get to say they worked on a 1954 Hudson Hornet Convertible.
    This was my first convertible, here's my first hard top....

Quote Originally Posted by refreshauto View Post

This new Rupes UHS system works great with no dusting whatsoever. this is another great product from a great company. this one is a winner for sure and great for a 1 step process.
    Agreed and thanks for joining us last night Vargas!

Quote Originally Posted by alfortuna View Post
    Thanks to Mike, Todd Helme and the Autogeek team for an awesome evening at the Show Car Garage.

The Tech Session on the new Rupes Paint Polishing System emphasized the focus on precision in the design and manufacture of these random orbital polishers. The detailing team had an opportunity to work on the classic 1954 Hudson Hornet convertible with these superb machines and the pads and products designed to complement them.

I am impressed with the balance of the Rupes Bigfoot 15 and enjoyed buffing with it. The results that were achieved compounding and polishing in one step were amazing.

The evening was all fun with some light work, thanks to the excellent equipment. Thanks again, Bill, for sharing your classic car for the evening. Everyone went home happy, especially you.

Al Fortuna

Thanks for joining us Al and thank you for posting your experience here at Autogeek's Show Car Garage! It's always a pleasure having you here to help us with all the cool projects we work on.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a lot of fun. It's on my bucket list to visit USA and the autogeek garage.

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Speechless (again) about the outcome...just fantastic!

I never realized before how similar the tail lights are to a '55 Chevy.

Bill
    In dog beers, I've only had one.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast