autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Stuart Corvette Club Detailing Class at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida

Stuart Corvette Club Detailing Class at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida

This last Saturday, after our Saturday Cars & Coffee Car show we held a detailing class for the Stuart Corvette Club. The topic was,

The 5-Step Paint Care Cycle.

The class starts with a Power Point Presentation that goes over the 5 basic steps for maintaining and/or restoring a factory showroom new finish. After the power point presentation it's time for HANDS-ON training!

One of the club members, Dick let us use his 2002 Corvette for training purposes. The paint had the normal swirls and scratches plus contamination. We started with a waterless wash using Pinnacle Waterless Wash with Carnauba and here's the complete process we used to restore the paint on his black Corvette

Step 1: Wash Corvette using Pinnacle Waterless Wash with Carnauba

Step 2: Clay paint with Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay and Pinnacle Clay Lube to remove bonded contaminants.

Step 3: Compound paint using Pinnacle Advanced Compound with the Griot's Garage 6" Orbital Polisher and Lake Country Orange 5.5" Foam Cuttiing Pads.

Step 4: Polish paint using Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish with the Griot's Garage 6" Orbital Polisher and Lake Country White 5.5" Foam Polishing Pads.

Step 3: Machine wax using Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax with the Griot's Garage 6" Orbital Polisher and Lake Country Blue 5.5" Foam Waxing Pads.

Pictures from the class....

Here's the classroom portion - notice the seats are all empty?

That's because there's very little sitting in any of our classes because our classes are HANDS-ON!

Here the guys are compounding.... Note the Autogeek Cover-up Towels to protect the seats and the dash since the top was down.

Wiping off the compound residue....

Moving on to the polishing step....

Wiping off the polish residue...

Moving onto the machine waxing step...

Mike Phillips

Re: Stuart Corvette Club Detailing Class at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida

Continued....

Letting the Pinnacle Liquid Souveran dry to a haze - this was is SO EASY to wipe off....

Breaking open a coat of wax....

Carefully wiping the wax off using super soft microfiber towels while wearing microfiber gloves....

Finished!

Nothing looks as good as freshly machine compounded, polished and waxed black paint!

Here's the club members that did all the work...

Here's the products used to take a diamond in the rough and turn it into a glistening gemstone....

Thanks guys for spending your Saturday with Autogeek!

Thank you Dick for letting us use your Corvette and for trusting your fellow club members to take a machine to your pride and joy!

All these products are available at Autogeek.com or to order over the phone call

1-800-869-3011

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool, looked like a good time. Mike, on a side note, my liquid Souveran is very runny, is this the correct consistency?
    Thanks,
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

I know the club got a good lesson in polishing. Thank you for all that you do there.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish every Corvette club and every owner would take this class because more times than not, the Corvette is one of the most hammered on cars there and I don't mean the drivetrain! Its pathetic but atleast one club got a lesson and a good one I'm sure.
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I wish every Corvette club and every owner would take this class because more times than not, the Corvette is one of the most hammered on cars there and I don't mean the drivetrain! Its pathetic but atleast one club got a lesson and a good one I'm sure.
    hmmmmmmmmmmm

You mean windex & a red shop rag is not acceptable?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ronkh57 View Post

You mean windex & a red shop rag
    is not acceptable?

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMaster1 View Post
    Very cool, looked like a good time. Mike, on a side note, my liquid Souveran is very runny, is this the correct consistency?
    Thanks,
    Chris
    Shake it really hard and check to see if it returns to it's normal lotion like consistency.

If not I will send you a new bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ronkh57 View Post
    hmmmmmmmmmmm

You mean windex & a red shop rag is not acceptable?
    Ohhhhh, you've em'Stuart Corvette Club Detailing Class at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida

I'm shocked at how bad a very percentage of them really look and the way the hood opens, well, it just screams "look at how badly I'm taken care of, someone get my owner out of his specialty lawn chair and take care of me.....PLEASE!"

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Ohhhhh, you've em'Stuart Corvette Club Detailing Class at Autogeek in Stuart, Florida

I'm shocked at how bad a very percentage of them really look and the way the hood opens, well, it just screams "look at how badly I'm taken care of, someone get my owner out of his specialty lawn chair and take care of me.....PLEASE!"

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    You really should introduce yourself to me when you walk by then..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast