autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Pictures: 1987 Buick Regal T-Type WE4 Turbo - Show Car Makeover at Autogeek!

Pictures: 1987 Buick Regal T-Type WE4 Turbo - Show Car Makeover at Autogeek!

On Thursday, November 17th major buffing surgery was performed to try to save the one year old black basecoat/clearcoat paint job on a Pictures: 1987 Buick Regal T-Type WE4 Turbo here in Stuart, Florida at Autogeek's Show Car Garage.

Before Pictures

It's important to document the true and accurate condition of the paint before our class works on any project car. This way everyone can see what he had to start with and then the dramatic end results.

Outside under bright overhead sunlight

Inside under overhead florescent lights

Inside with a FLEX Swirl Finder Light

If you're reading this and you haven't signed up but want to attend, here's the sign-up thread.

Sign-up: 1987 Buick Regal T-Type WE4 - Remove Holograms - Black Paint Detailing

Stay tuned...

Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures: 1987 Buick Regal T-Type WE4 Turbo - Show Car Makeover at Autogeek!

Continued...

We detailed two projects tonight so sorry to say it was all hands on deck and this means we didn't get a lot of pictures of the work being done by Dylan did post a number of videos to the Autogeek Facebook Page if you want to check them out...

Here's what I found on my camera the next day...

First thing we did was wipe the car down with RUPES Rapid Cleaner Detailer to remove loose dirt...

We had a lot of new people in the class so next up was a demonstration on the correct technique for using detailing clay to remove contaminants.

After the class clayed the car next up was a demonstration on how to use the RUPES Paint Polishing System.

After the demo I turned the class loose to compound and polish the black paint to perfection.

Didn't get any of the pictures of the class doing the compounding step but here's after doing the polishing step.

Here's Jeff using the RUPES iBrid Short Neck for some of the thin body panels...

After polishing we hand applied the new Dodo Juice Black Widow Wax!

Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures: 1987 Buick Regal T-Type WE4 Turbo - Show Car Makeover at Autogeek!

Continued...

And here are the final results or as I like to call them...

The beaurty shots

Now this is how a black car should look...

Mike Phillips

Continued...

Products used

On Autogeek.com

All RUPES Polishers, Pads and Products

Dodo Juice Black Widow Wax

Mike Phillips

Continued....

This was also our chance to test out the new Dodo Juice Black Widow Wax!

This is a hard wax but it's easy to apply and just as easy to remove and I think the pictures tell the story but just in case you missed it this wax really brings out the depth-of-shine and full richness of color.

On Autogeek.com

Limited edition!

Dodo Juice Black Widow Wax

Mike Phillips

Continued...

Here's the team that made the magic happen minus a half dozen folks that left early....

Great job team!

Mike Phillips

A couple more shots....

First, I'm not sure what this means but I "think" it's the logo for Mopar's Direct Connection?

It was on the headrests of the seats...

And of course... my classes are fueled by pizza!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Pictures: 1987 Buick Regal T-Type WE4 Turbo - Show Car Makeover at Autogeek!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    A couple more shots....

First, I'm not sure what this means but I "think" it's the logo for Mopar's Direct Connection?

It was on the headrests of the seats...

I think that represents the number six for the six cylinder and also represents the turbo and air flow of the turbocharger. It is the infamous Buick turbo 6 logo.

Awesome car and awesome work.

Randy

Post Thanks / Like

I really had an excellent experience. The studio is incredible and stocked with everything you can think of from the AutoGeek.net online store. I got my hands on quite a few of the Rupes polishers (Nano iBrid, Duetto, 75e, LHR15, LHR21) and was able to put some time in on them on a really rare car.
    Thanks for the opportunity Mike, and I look forward to taking your boat class .
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Car looks beautiful Mike, excellent work as usual, congrats to the detail team, the black paint looked scoured, but the RUPES products and the new Dodo Juice Black Widow Wax really made the black paint pop.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast