autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Pictures - September 2019 3-Day Car Detailing Bootcamp Class

Pictures - September 2019 3-Day Car Detailing Bootcamp Class

Here's the class of September 2019!

Darrell

Aaron

Eric

Eric

Anthony

Anthony

John

Jeff

Dan

Justin

Bill

Brian

Geoff

Jeff

Nicodemus

Billy

David

Book signing
    After the certificate award ceremony, I'm always happy to sign copies of the 4 how-to book each student gets as a part of taking the class.

2. Thanks Dano shine thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures - September 2019 3-Day Car Detailing Bootcamp Class

Continued...

I feel so bad, this is the LATEST I've ever shared pictures of the people the cars and the action for any class I've ever taught.

Apologies to everyone that attended this class.

The good news is, the thread is started and tomorrow I have pictures of all the cars already uploaded to the gallery. All need to do is get the code and post it.

4. Likes Dano shine liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for hosting a great class Mike and Andre!

Flew all the way from the west coast and it was well worth it. After hours of researching multiple detailing classes I couldn't find one as transparent/well documented as this. Not many classes give you the opportunity to detail these types of cars, let alone my dream car (blue Chevelle). Not once did I feel like I was being shoved biased opinions of products down my throat. I took the class with a general idea of the paint correction process, thanks to multiple articles and hours of youtube videos. But after taking the class I was able to grasp a better understanding of paint correction and when/what to use in certain situations thanks to great advice from Mike and Andre. Plus I got to meet various people of different backgrounds with the same passion. It was truly inspiring hearing everyones else's detailing journey. Oh and one last thing, Florida humidity is no joke!!

Thanks again Mike and Andre for being super patient and putting together a great experience! I'd sign up with no hesitation if I had to do it all over again!

6. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes mc2hill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just have to say this was the best class I have taken.

You get hands on all the latest and greatest tools and all the products, plus your working on actual cars not just a hood. No one else does this and your not sitting down, only for lunch.

Mike is a wealth of knowledge and I very much enjoyed the way he teaches the class. I learned a lot from Mike and I would highly recommend anyone to take this class, it’s worth every penny.

So don’t just sit there, sign up you won’t regret it!!

Thanks Mike and Andre looking forward to the next one!!

Dan Mease

8. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Dano shine View Post
    I just have to say this was the best class I have taken.

You get hands on all the latest and greatest tools and all the products, plus your working on actual cars not just a hood. No one else does this and your not sitting down, only for lunch.

Mike is a wealth of knowledge and I very much enjoyed the way he teaches the class. I learned a lot from Mike and I would highly recommend anyone to take this class, it’s worth every penny.

So don’t just sit there, sign up you won’t regret it!!

Thanks Mike and Andre looking forward to the next one!!

Dan Mease

Thanks Dan!

Right after this class I packed up and went to Allentown to teach a class and then after that flew up to Evansville, Indiana to show some TV with Dennis Gage - I'll try to get some pictures up showing all the cool things this class did and the cool cars everyone was able to work on.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations team!

What an outstanding class to be a part of. Don’t sweat it Mike, we all understand you’re super busy .... we just probably don’t fully comprehend exactly how busy you really are.

I followed along best I could with the Facebook posts I saw, & I have followed these classes on FB & the threads here on AGO for a while now, & actually slapped my hard earned down & flown from New Zealand to partake in a Mike Phillips Boot Camp Class first hand, & I gotta say - the pictures & associated content with each different class still stir that desire to attend again.

Well done folks, the cars all looked amazing & I just know you all learned a bunch & took a lot away from this experience.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mike,

I want to say, "thank you," to you and Andre for putting on such a great class. It was an extremely informative, hands-on class, and it was just what I needed to give me the nudge to go ahead and pursue opening a detailing business. Having done this for a couple of years (just as a hobbyist) I always enjoyed it, but I wanted to attend this class to ensure I was doing things the right way before I started charging for my services.

To anyone thinking about joining the class, I would highly recommend it. The amount of products and tools you are able to use without actually purchasing them first is priceless. Add to that the years of experience that Mike offers, and it makes the class well worth the price. He was able to show me a few tips and tricks to speed up the detailing process while still providing a good service (time is money).

When you attend the class, you also get some pretty substantial discounts on any products and tools purchased afterwards, along with a $100 credit and a gift box full of samples and products. In my case, the savings I got on my product lines and tools paid ~1/2 of the class.

Thanks again, guys. Happy detailing.

David

12. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I did the 3 day boot camp class with Mike Phillips as I want to open my own detailing business.

Attending this class and making this investment in myself and education, really gave me the confidence and knowledge that I needed to get to where I need to be . Mike upheld the class in the highest of quality and standards, not only did he show us tips and tricks to be more efficient by howning the skills we already have and showing us plenty of new ones .

I don't know anyone in this business with more experience, knowledge and expertise and to have Mike take his time to be hands on with all of the attendees in the class was by far the most professional and utmost quality experience ; it surpassed all & any expectations.

We had lots of fun with everyone, lots of hard work and no sitting down but the skills and knowledge you acquire are 100% worth it !!

Looking forward to doing the boating class soon.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by davidk72008 View Post

Hey Mike,

I want to say, "thank you," to you and Andre for putting on such a great class. It was an extremely informative, hands-on class, and it was just what I needed to give me the nudge to go ahead and pursue opening a detailing business.

David

Love hearing this kind of feedback Dave.

Starting a new detailing business is a huge challenge but you can do it, just apply what you know, what you learned and like me, practice being what I call,

A perpetual student

Quote Originally Posted by Antdalonzo View Post

no sitting down
    Yeah.... we cover SO MANY TOOLS, products and techniques, as you found out, there's really no time to sit in a chair. Except for about a 20 minute lunch break, it's all hands-on.

Quote Originally Posted by Antdalonzo View Post

Looking forward to doing the boating class soon.
    You'll find it to be the same way, we'll start early and you'll be on your feet working the entire time and also learning the entire time.

I bring in the WORST condition boats and they always leave looking brand spanking new!

For anyone reading this into the future, the boat class always sells out and sell out sooner than later. So here's the link to get signed-up

Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class - February 8th & 9th, 2020

Or call Andre and he can help you over the phone.

1-800-869-3011 x1244

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Since I returned from the class a lot of people have asked me about XZY buffer, pads, polish, etc and what should they get or how to use it. After trying so many tools I have to reply it’s a personal preference. Great opportunity of the class is hands on with many polishers. I went in thinking I would buy one brand of products but came out liking the cordless FLEX tools. Using the cordless finisher in the class with Sonax EX 04-06 I was able to achieve the following result along with everyone else in the class doing the same.

Before the class I used the Porter Cable with semi success, having Mike and Andre nearby I was quickly able to improve my performance with Griots Garge G6 on half the roof of the Lamborghini. I'm sure Mike will post the pictures of the damage that was on the roof before we started. Within 5 minutes I learned from Mike what I wasn’t doing with the Porter Cable to get results, struggled with the issue for years and fixed my technique within 5 minutes.

Learning from Mike how to turn the free spin DA on edge and shrink the pad to the size of ~1” and polish A pillars, B pillars, and other small panels was a time saver. No need to pick up a different tool. Get it done. Learning in one day to work a long throw polisher, priceless.

After reflecting on the class you really learn to be more efficient through all steps. I don’t remember reading that is a key benefit of the class. I can pick up any maker of DA or forced rotation DA (3401/Mille) and achieve great results. I’m a finesse polisher and prefer a free spin DA but would rather have a Flex Supa Beast to just get it done. Other people felt the opposite and liked a different brand. That’s the best part of the class: Learn to be efficient with controlled process and the tool set that works for you. That’s what you can learn by attending in addition to types of wax, sealant, ceramic, pad management, glass polishing, quick headlight correction in 20 minutes, micro fiber management, etc. A lot of people ask how Mikes get a vehicle done so quickly, just go and learn how. Now I have the complete skill set to start my own side business for SIVs.

Thank you to Mike and Andre. Mike and Andre, I don’t know how you keep up the pace for 3 days helping everyone. And to everyone who attended, thank you for making it a great class as well!

16. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast