autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Pictures from February 2018 Comp Ready Detailing Class!

Pictures from February 2018 Comp Ready Detailing Class!

Thank you to everyone for attending the BEST and most Hands-On Car Detailing Class on Planet Earth!

I just finished up conducting Skill Validation Testing for the IDA for 4 people, two of the guys, Nunzio and Tony that attend this class. So I'm off for 2 days and then back in the office to play catch-up with my other job duties and then next week I'll be posting pictures of the boat class and then this class.

So please stay tuned!

In order of when they were detailed...

Here's the 1956 Chevy Nomad (behind the class), and the 2004 Monte Carlo

Here's the 1972 Buick Skylark Convertible (behind the class), and the 1965 Plymouth Valiant

Here's the 1970 Chevelle 396 SS (behind the class) and the 1969 Cyclone Spoiler II Fastback - Dan Gurney Special

Here's the 1962 Impala SS (behind the class), and the 1962 Dodge Coronet Stationwagon

Here's the 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ (behind the class), and the 2006 GMC Sierra Duramax

Here's the 1948 Chevy Suburban Streetrod Wetsanding Project

2. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ, The Guz, SWETM liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures from February 2018 Comp Ready Detailing Class!

Stop lurking and join the forum today!

Click the below link and join the AGO forum!

Click here to join the AutogeekOnline Detailing Discussion Forum

4. Likes custmsprty, Aaryn NZ, SWETM liked this post
    Mike Phillips

***Update***

Just added a few more pictures of all the cars we detailed to the first post.

More to come...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all, thank you Mike for all the preparation, effort, and hard work that you put into the class.

For me, the class was an experience of my life. If you are thinking of taking the class, DO IT. It's worth more than you expected. Even if you've been detailing cars before, you will pick up many good tips from the class. I thought working on cars for 3 days was going to be long and slow, but the class was totally the opposite. Just like what Mike told us on the first day, the class was fast paced, and people learn by doing.

Before I know, 3 days were gone, and I wish I could stay for a little longer.

I will probably never get to try that many tools and products anywhere else, and I'm definitely NOT sitting in a chair for most the time. Also, I learned using the tools on real cars, not just some scratched up hoods. Now, not only I know how to make the paint shine again, I understand how it works. These are what I went there for, to try a lot, to understand better, to know more.

I don't know what more I can say... but after walking out of that class, I'm fulfilled with knowledge, and I'm very happy that I went.

If you love making cars to shine, and want to learn how to do it, this is the place to go...

7. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, Diner, SWETM, Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by JY3722 View Post

First of all, thank you Mike for all the preparation, effort, and hard work that you put into the class.
    Thank you Jay but to be fair, there's a lot of people behind the scenes that make these classes a success including my right-hand man... Andre!

For me, the class was an experience of my life. If you are thinking of taking the class, DO IT. It's worth more than you expected. Even if you've been detailing cars before, you will pick up many good tips from the class.
    I do my best to do a "Brain Dump" and a "Technique Dump" and give 100% all three days...

I thought working on cars for 3 days was going to be long and slow, but the class was totally the opposite. Just like what Mike told us on the first day, the class was fast paced, and people learn by doing.
    That's right. And I have plenty of pictures showing you and everyone else working on cars and off to the side --> empty chairs.

I will probably never get to try that many tools and products anywhere else, and I'm definitely NOT sitting in a chair for most the time.

Also, I learned using the tools on real cars, not just some scratched up hoods.
    And this is our trademark... ALL the popular tools and actually "systems" and cool cars... not demo hoods, not cookie sheets, not even rental cars or beaters... you work on the REAL DEAL!

Now, not only I know how to make the paint shine again, I understand how it works. These are what I went there for, to try a lot, to understand better, to know more.
    And the above sentence is KEY. After you take my class you not only know technique but as important... you know how to DETAIL A CAR from START TO FINISH!

I don't know what more I can say... but after walking out of that class, I'm fulfilled with knowledge, and I'm very happy that I went.

If you love making cars to shine, and want to learn how to do it, this is the place to go...

Thanks Jay for sharing your experience. It was a genuine pleasure having you in the class.

9. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, of course Andre! The man! HAHA (Email me Andre!)

Mike Phillips

Yes, of course Andre! The man! HAHA (Email me Andre!)

I'll make sure he re-visits this thread.... he' s busy guy...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Pictures from February 2018 Comp Ready Detailing Class!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I'll make sure he re-visits this thread.... he' s busy guy...

Oh don't make him work too hard lol

Mike Phillips

Continued...

On Sunday, the third day of the class, (for very specific reasons), we go over wetsanding by hand and by machine. I always try to have the real deal here, not demo hoods, cookie sheets or rental cars. Nothing wrong with these other learning mediums but NOTHING beats the real deal.

For this class, my very good friend Mike Gelter just had his 1948 Chevy Suburban Streetrod painted about 3 weeks ago and he trusted Autogeek, me and my class to do the wetsand, cut and buff.

Here's the tools the class used and the results, more pics next week.

Can anyone name all the tools, sanding products, pads etc?

Not bad considering this was the FIRST time most of the people in this class ever wetsanded anything!

Good job team!

Mike LOVED the results!

:dblthumb2"

14. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes FrankS, Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Continued....

More pictures of all the action next week!

16. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast