autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Pictures & Comments - January 2016 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips

Pictures & Comments - January 2016 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips

Been crazy busy with filming our TV show Competition Ready on Velocity Channel in Burbank, California two days before this class and now leaving tomorrow for Mobile Tech Expo where I'm teaching 6 classes on Thursday and then flying out Friday morning for Arizona to shoot another episode for Competition Ready.

Can't get to all the 851 pictures taken over the 3-day course but here's a few to show just some of the cars we used for training purposes in this hard-core, hands-on detail training class.

Next class Competition Ready Detailing Class
    The next 3-day class is May 6th, 7th and 8th with Monday May 9th an optional day to take the IDA Skills Validation Certification here at our Show Car Garage facility.

Click here to sign-up for the May class
    Or call

1-800-86903011 x215

Training Cars for Competition Ready Classes
    Everyone one of these cars arrived with major paint defects including,

• Holograms
    • Swirls & scratches
    • Overspray paint
    • Oxidation
    • Industrial fallout and airborne pollution
    • RIDS - Random Isolated Deeper Scratches

And trust me... I have the before pictures...

Maximum Hands-on Training
    Our Competition Ready 3-day detailing classes are the only classes in the world where you get the maximum hands-on training time on real world show cars plus daily drivers to the best experience in hands-on training.

1964 Impala 4-Speed SS

1966 Pontiac Tempest Custom

1964 GTO 4-speed Convertible

1950 Chevy Sedan Delivery 4-Speed
    (former Drag Racing Car)

1964 Corvette Coupe 4-Speed
    (This Corvette has the very rare saddle tan interior, most were black or red)

1940 Ford Coupe Streetrod

1940 Ford Coupe Streetrod

RUPES vs BOSS
    For the above two cars, since they have IDENTICAL curves, we used the RUPES orbital polishers on the orange 1940 Ford and the Griot's BOSS orbital polishers on the black 1940 Ford and the students were able to go back and forth and use both brands of long stroke orbital polishers to make up their own mind which tool worked best for them and their style of machine polishing

Parked outside for inspection of the results using bright overhead sunlight.

The results from the January class are nothing short of competition ready!

Mike Phillips

Re: Pictures & Comments - January 2016 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips

Continued....

This Ford F150 and the Cadillac Escalade are HUGE and were chosen for class session on,

How to use the Rotary Buffer

How to wetsand by hand and machine

The Nissan 370Z and the Mazda Speed 3 were used for learning how to wetsand to remove orange peel and the use rotary buffers to remove the sanding marks and then leave a hologram-free finish using dual action polishers.

Nice work guys!

More pictures as soon as I can carve out the time!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures & Comments - January 2016 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips

I loved every minute of every day working side by side with you and my class mates, and nick and andre, it is always an unbelievable experience. Thank you Autogeek from the bottom of my heart

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Pictures & Comments - January 2016 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips

Wow what a amazing class, Mike was a Great teacher making sure that everyone was hands on, and very professional...
    You will go away with better knowledge and ability, it is so much info it's hard to rap your mind around it, Mike was very thorough to make sure everyone understood..
    I encourage everyone that if You have not gone through the class to Sign up, even if you think you have experience or not I guarantee You will learn!!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bivens View Post

Wow what a amazing class, Mike was a Great teacher making sure that everyone was hands on, and very professional...

You will go away with better knowledge and ability, it is so much info it's hard to rap your mind around it, Mike was very thorough to make sure everyone understood.

I encourage everyone that if You have not gone through the class to sign up, even if you think you have experience or not I guarantee You will learn!!

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the nice feedback it was a pleasure having you in the class especially knowing your background as a Paint Technician for Industrial Finishes.

Industrial Finishes
    Automotive and Industrial Coatings

I'm glad you enjoyed the class and I hope we'll have a chance to work together in the future.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

HUGE thanks to Mike and the team at Autogeek. The class was action packed with tons of information. Lots of hands on time with a variety of machines and products. If you are on the fence on deciding to attend, do yourself a favor and sign up!

-Mitch

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pictures & Comments - January 2016 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips-img_2534-jpg  
    Last edited by TexasDetail; 01-27-2016 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Added my name

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by TexasDetail View Post

HUGE thanks to Mike and the team at Autogeek. The class was action packed with tons of information. Lots of hands on time with a variety of machines and products. If you are on the fence on deciding to attend, do yourself a favor and sign up!

-Mitch

Hi Mitch,

It was great having you in the class and just to note, when the owner saw his 1964 Corvette he was BLOWN AWAY!

The 1964 Corvette came out great as did ALL the cars!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Pics of the glass polishing demo with CeriGlass.

-Mitch
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pictures & Comments - January 2016 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips-img_2438-jpg   Pictures & Comments - January 2016 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips-img_2475-jpg  

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Hi Mitch,

It was great having you in the class and just to note, when the owner saw his 1964 Corvette he was BLOWN AWAY!

The 1964 Corvette came out great as did ALL the cars!

I'm sure all of the owners had huge smiles when they picked up the cars.

Here is the '64 before the LSP was removed, and a few of us admiring the work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pictures & Comments - January 2016 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips-img_2492-jpg   Pictures & Comments - January 2016 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips-img_2494-jpg  

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Great weekend detailing, picked up so much information, as you know Mike , I was at January 2015 class I'm amassed how much new information & hands on skills I learned. THANK You for bringing out your personal Rupes Mark ll for class to try ( what a machine) . Great group of guy's also . Wet sanding was the best part . When you told us we were going to wet sand 2 complete cars , I was blown away & said to my self NO WAY . We not only did it , but cars turned out great !! Amassing how much confidence you have in your students, I guess that is a tribute to your knowledge and your ability to get the information out to the class. THANK YOU & your associates. See you at February boat detailing class.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast