autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures & Comments - January 2016 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips

Big thanks to Autogeek, Nick, Andre and Mike for putting on an awesome learning and networking experience. Mike, your passion for helping others learn and pursue detailing really shows. Great overall experience. This class helped reinforce my paint correction skills. Also was able to take a great deal from wet sanding, glass correction, headlight restoration, as well as the overall business and market that is detailing. I've been putting what I learned into play the first day back. Also learning more as I explore the forums that Autogeek offers. Now it's time to learn how to work on some boats! See you Saturday.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures & Comments - January 2016 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips

To Mike and rest of supporting staff at Autogeek it was an honor, pleasure and great experience to attend the January CR class. Your 3 day class was totally top shelf. Not only was it challenging but also alot of fun. Sometimes you have to let stuff sink in before you can comment with a sound mind. I'm hear to tell you that I've had a chance to attend another Detailing class out in California which was good, however your course blew that one out of the water due to the learn by doing method that's used which was very effective. There were many great highlights during the class, however the one that stuck out most was the early morning when we started to correct the paint on the black 64 Corvette Coupe and watching you work through the process of wet sanding, compounding, polishing the front passenger side headlight of the car was truly a master piece exhibition. There are times when cost is a determining factor in many things that we are trying to accomplish and if what we trying to do is cost prohibitive many times we let that be the determining factor on if we will purchase or not. I'm hear to tell you that your course gave us way more in knowledge, instruction and experience than what I paid to attend the course. For those that are serious about becoming a top detailer your course is a must. Your positive energy and passion for detailing was very infectious and attending your course will not only help me at becoming the best detailer in the area but also will help me to propel my detailing business to the next level. I also would like to say thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to ensure that I got the stuff that I left at the class which you got to me at turbo speed and thanks for all that you shared with us are you are truly the definition of sharing and caring. Lastly, to all the guys I broke bread with and rubbed elbows with during the class, I must say that all of you are at the top of you game and it was nice to intermingle with the best and will be in touch.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to Mike, Nick, Andre, and Autogeek for a great class. It really reinforces the skills you know, and the new ones that you learn. As others have mentioned, Mike takes time to answer any and all questions, plus really cares about what he does and it shows. I know for me, I always strive for perfection, so sometimes I need to pull back and give the customer what there paying for, without doing major correction work when its not really needed. This class really helped me learn how to do this effectively, while also maintaining the speed/quality/time management, we all strive for. The group of guys was great, I felt like we all got along great, pulled each other up, and really worked as a team. I know that I definitely made a bunch of new friends and new networking partners. Really had a great time and highly recommend it to anyone.
    Thanks again Mike
    Jared Greenway

Mike Phillips

***Update***

To all the guys that attended this class, just want to apologize that I have not had time to add any more pictures since the class. Since the class ended here's what I've been up to...

1. Taught 6 classes at Mobile Tech Expo.
    2. Flew to Arizona and shot a TV show.
    3. Flew to Miami and buffed out a train.
    4. Now I’m setting up for a boat detailing class this Saturday.

Besides the actual projects there's a ton of behind-the scenes work that goes on that simply takes up a lot of time.

As soon as I can I'll add some pictures of the AMAZING cars you guys worked as well as the amazing before and after results.

Post Thanks / Like

dont worry we are not going anyware i really dont know how u do it all. and then your in norway and then right into detail fest holy cow. so looking foward to deatil fest. stay safe and rember to take care of you thats really important

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Pictures & Comments - January 2016 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips

I want to thank Mike Phillips and the January 2016 Competition Ready Detail Class for the UNBELIEVABLE paint and carriage top restoration miracle they performed on my 1997 Lincoln Town Car.

To aid in the appreciation of what Mike and the Class was able to achieve, you should know that the Lincoln has spent most of it's life in Wisconsin and the external portion (shell) of the car was not well cared for. I am partially disabled and purchased the Lincoln about 12 years ago, making the Lincoln the workhorse of my family. Not being physically capable of maintaining the exterior, I depended on carwashes to keep it as clean as possible, especially because of the severe winters that the car went through in Wisconsin (frigid temps, ice, snow, road salt, etc).

It’s AMAZING how the Class was able to bring it back to life under Mike’s direction. Looking at these results, there is no question about the high quality of Autogeeks’ products and Mike’s knowledge & training capabilities.

I would like to thank EVERYONE involved with beautifying my Lincoln. I’m so ecstatic with the results that I can’t get the smile off my face!! When I first saw the car after they were done, I said “Wow!” And I haven’t stopped saying “Wow” yet! Some people have asked if I recently had the car repainted and the carriage top replaced. After I tell them it’s still all original and that Autogeek is responsible for the AMAZING look of my car, these people are now saying “Wow” too!

I’d also like to commend Mr. Bob McKee, Owner of Autogeek, for staffing his operation with such dedicated and professional Personnel who are always willing to help and share their knowledge of car care as well as for the workshops and training programs they provide.

Thanks so much again,

Gerd Lippmann (Mitch Lippmann’s Brother)

Post Thanks / Like

Your welcome, it was such a treat to polish your car, wish you and your family all the best in your swirl free finish car, and with out the real deal meaning the cars that mike brings in the class would just not be the same, and the students that attend are just over the top, everyone giving the best attention to detail, thank you, and enjoy you shinny ride

Post Thanks / Like

Well it's been some weeks since this class and I have finally found a moment to sit down and download some photos and write a little something about this class.

I traveled from Utah to attend (which was really hard to do leaving the 10 degree weather ).

I was very impressed by it all; Mike is a Class-A top-notch guy that really knows his trade and I personally feel honored to have dipped a few days into his mind and learn some of the many things he taught us. The staff at A.G. are top-notch as well.

The facility was outstanding and the food they supplied was amazing as well. If I had to rate the experience overall, it would best be said that it totally exceeded my expectations!

We did spend some time learning via classroom presentations, but the majority of the class was hands-on, and boy did we spend some time on the cars! I certainly slept very well those first two nights! There was a LOT of material we covered. I was very thankful that I brought a notebook and wrote many things down. Anyone attending future classes I would suggest you do the same (especially if you're over 40 like me ;-)

While I only do some specialized detailing on the side (and also for my personal vehicles), I felt this class was a great shot in the arm that has given me the confidence to hop into other tasks. I also learned to become much more efficient (doing a better job in less time). Let's face it, detailing is hard work, the more efficient you can accomplish things, the better off you'll be.

All in all, I had a wonderful time. I learned a lot and made many new friends that share the same passion. I would wholeheartedly recommend the class to anyone thinking about it. Money well spent.

My only criticism would be the class needed more Adrienne Janic (aka "AJ"), but then again, she would have just distracted me!

Regards,
    Johnny in cold Utah
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pictures & Comments - January 2016 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips-20160122_170515-jpg   Pictures & Comments - January 2016 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips-20160122_100129-jpg   Pictures & Comments - January 2016 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips-20160122_134559-jpg   Pictures & Comments - January 2016 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips-20160122_144205-jpg   Pictures & Comments - January 2016 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips-20160122_172713-jpg   Pictures & Comments - January 2016 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips-20160123_082439-jpg   Pictures & Comments - January 2016 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips-20160123_121328-jpg   Pictures & Comments - January 2016 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips-20160124_092745-jpg   Pictures & Comments - January 2016 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips-20160123_112957-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    ***Update***

To all the guys that attended this class, just want to apologize that I have not had time to add any more pictures since the class. Since the class ended here's what I've been up to...

Taught 6 classes at Mobile Tech Expo.
    Flew to Arizona and shot a TV show.
    Flew to Miami and buffed out a train.
    Now I’m setting up for a boat detailing class this Saturday.

Besides the actual projects there's a ton of behind-the scenes work that goes on that simply takes up a lot of time.

As soon as I can I'll add some pictures of the AMAZING cars you guys worked as well as the amazing before and after results.

Bet the words "Flew to MIami and Buffed out a train" are words you wont use often.

Mike Phillips

Found the picture of how the 1950 Chevy Panel looked when I first saw it and met the owner...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast