autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Pictures & Comments - January 2016 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips

Wow Mike!, all the cars look awesome, excellent work as usual, and congrats to the class for all their hard work. I especially like the two 1940 Ford Coupes side by side pic. Beautiful!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures & Comments - January 2016 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips

I was at Autogeek Monday when the owner of GTO convertible picked up his car , I went out side to introduce myself & tell him how nice his car is . We chitchated a bit, he told me GTO NEVER LOOKED this good , he was ecstatic. Just thought other class members would like to know that.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pictures & Comments - January 2016 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    RUPES vs BOSS
    For the above two cars, since they have IDENTICAL curves, we used the RUPES orbital polishers on the orange 1940 Ford and the Griot's BOSS orbital polishers on the black 1940 Ford and the students were able to go back and forth and use both brands of long stroke orbital polishers to make up their own mind which tool worked best for them and their style of machine polishing
    Too bad the XFE wasn't available for them to test. So what did most people prefer, Mike?
    2005 Honda S2000 | 2008 Acura MDX | 2015 Honda Fit EX

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by axel06 View Post

I loved every minute of every day working side by side with you and my class mates, and nick and andre, it is always an unbelievable experience.

Thank you Autogeek from the bottom of my heart

Hi Axel,

What can I say except thank you for showing up early to help me with the last little details for setting up the garage and then lending a hand throughout each day as we work through all the tools and cars.

If I remember correctly, this is your 5th class?

Since you're already signed up for the May class on May 6th, 7th and 8th, plus staying through to Tuesday so you can take the IDA Skills Validation testing and certification you're going to be the record setter for "Most Classes Attended" since I've been teaching classes going back to 1987.

I've had a lot of people and a lot of car clubs take my classes multiple times but I think you have the title of most attended classes.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post

Too bad the XFE wasn't available for them to test. So what did most people prefer, Mike?

I'd say from the comments I heard and the results from the feedback forms it's a tie. About half the class preferred the RUPES Paint Polishing System and half the class preferred the Griot's BOSS Paint Polishing System.

I teach both brands as a "system" that means you use the tools with the matching pads and chemicals as the engineers intended.

Because the two cars are IDENTICAL in shape and they both have basecoat/clearcoat paint systems, (like the car in your garage or driveway), it makes for an excellent comparison test for each system by my class.

Then they can make up their own minds.

Fair and balanced.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Hi Axel,

What can I say except thank you for showing up early to help me with the last little details for setting up the garage and then lending a hand throughout each day as we work through all the tools and cars.

If I remember correctly, this is your 5th class?

Since you're already signed up for the May class on May 6th, 7th and 8th, plus staying through to Tuesday so you can take the IDA Skills Validation testing and certification you're going to be the record setter for "Most Classes Attended" since I've been teaching classes going back to 1987.

I've had a lot of people and a lot of car clubs take my classes multiple times but I think you have the title of most attended classes.

hell yess saweeet, well im honored to set the record, but for me its all about the class of students working with each and every one is the main treat, besides getting to test all the new machines and new products that you get first hand at autogeek, and working with you and nick and andre, and bob you guys realy are the rock stars of the auto detailing industry... so to that thank you and i will continue to attend as long as im still vertical...

Post Thanks / Like

it was my pleasure to help out with the little things cuz without the little things getting done like cleaning over 500 towels 300 pads then there is no class the next day... ha ha just kidding,, u R O C K ! ! !

Post Thanks / Like

I would just like to start out by giving a big thanks to Mike and Autogeek for putting on such an incredible detailing class! It was such a pleasure to spend time hands on with you and meet such an amazing group of passionate detailers that I am happy to call new friends. Every moment of this class was fun and educational but I definitely enjoyed all of the paint correction, wet sanding, and glass coating applications most of all. Whether you are a new enthusiast or an experienced professional this class will have something for you! Mike is a phenomenal teacher and knows just how to deliver information to you so it is absorbed like water in a sponge. With so many tricks as well as insight to every aspect of detailing and paint restoration you will only find yourself trying to figure out how fast you can get into his next class!

Post Thanks / Like

Some awesome cars and looks very valuable as well as enjoyable. It didn't work out that I could take this class, but hopefully the May class!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mike, just expressing sincere thanks and appreciation to you, Nick, Andre and Bob for such an amazing experience at your Competition Ready Classes. After reading so much about you and hearing about the positive impact you bring to the Detailing Industry, I fully understand why you have achieved and deserve the level of respectability and admiration of your peers. Your expertise and knowledge is second to none and the fact that you share your wisdom with us speaks volumes.
    I thoroughly enjoyed every second of the classes and it was an awesome treat to get to use the latest and greatest in tools, equipment and products.
    Moreover, the opportunity to meet other Detailers and car enthusiast's from local areas as well as other parts of the country was awesome!!
    Not to mention the cars we worked on.. Simply stated, WOW!!
    Your classes were extremely inspiring and motivational and I know we all left there anxious to implement what we learned...
    Please keep up your great work and positive energy Mike!!

Much Thanks:

Godfrey
    Boss Detailer

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast