autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot's Garage BOSS Detailing Classes at Autogeek

Mike, I wanted to let you know how blown away I was to see the Boot Camp write-up. It honestly brings a tear to your eye to see "our baby" in the real world being used by passionate people. Anyone who has an opportunity to attend these clinics should make the investment. With Mike at the helm, there is no doubt you'll walk away with some serious knowledge.

Thank you Mike and Autogeek for allowing your customers an opportunity to try BOSS. Thank You!
    Jeff
    Jeff from Griot's Garage- Product Developer
    Car Care for the Perfectionist

Post Thanks / Like

Great job Mike and class! Even though I already have a 3401, PE8, Makita rotary and a GG 3in, I have really been eyeing a G21. Especially after you let me try it out once already. Great job again!
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome recap, Mike! Those after-shots look incredible! To echo Jeff's sentiment: it's so amazing seeing people get the results we worked so hard to enable BOSS to provide!
    Bill from Griot's Garage - Have fun in your garage!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post

Mike, I wanted to let you know how blown away I was to see the Boot Camp write-up.

It honestly brings a tear to your eye to see "our baby" in the real world being used by passionate people.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

The BOSS polishers as well as the entire system was very popular with the class. And the results on the Chevelle perfectly show what this system is capable of.

The sections of paint on the Chevelle that had sanding marks buffed out just as easy as all the normal wear-n-tear swirls and scratches.

This was the first 3-day detailing boot camp class to include the new Griot's BOSS system since it was just recently introduced.

Our next class will also feature the Griot's BOSS system with a dedicated car or two for the class to train on and get plenty of hands-on experience with this new system.

Post Thanks / Like

I was one of the students in this Boot Camp. As Mike mentioned I praised the BOSS 21. It's great for covering wide open panels quickly, while the 15 is great for those tighter spots, awkward curves and body lines. You think 6mm isn't a big difference but when you get to use both tools one right after another you can totally feel and understand the difference.

I like the design of the tool, personally it felt really good in my hands. Looking at the tool you can see ergonomics was an important design feature. Rubber grips in the right places, the speed dial right on top where your thumb can reach it easily.

Thanks Griot's and Autogeek for allowing us to use these brand-new shiny tools we even had to take the twisty ties off of the cords!

Great class, awesome training from the best, and being able to use these great tools helped me leaps and bounds.

Post Thanks / Like

Geez...The temptation! Now I want one but my problem---21 or a 15? Also another machine for the really tight places with small pads--2 or 3 inch pads...Not sure how to compliment or match up 2 different machines to address most of the areas on a car, yet...
    That 3 day boot camp is very temping as well!
    "Thinking, thinking with fingers tapping on the table top..."
    Tom

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by High Caliber View Post

I was one of the students in this Boot Camp. As Mike mentioned I praised the BOSS 21.

It's great for covering wide open panels quickly, while the 15 is great for those tighter spots, awkward curves and body lines.

You think 6mm isn't a big difference but when you get to use both tools one right after another you can totally feel and understand the difference.

I like the design of the tool, personally it felt really good in my hands. Looking at the tool you can see ergonomics was an important design feature. Rubber grips in the right places, the speed dial right on top where your thumb can reach it easily.

Thanks Griot's and Autogeek for allowing us to use these brand-new shiny tools we even had to take the twisty ties off of the cords!

Great class, awesome training from the best, and being able to use these great tools helped me leaps and bounds.

Thanks for chiming in with your hands-on experience using the BOSS system on the wicked back GTO!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12